• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manscaping anyone?

groomin

Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if some of you guys were doing manscaping.
What's this? Well, it's kinda the act of removing/trimming/shaving unwanted/ugly body hair.

I shave my pubic hair and my balls, I'm looking towards trimming my legs and arms very short. I'm not that hairy, but my body hair really annoys me.

Haha, I just can't wait to see how my girlfriend will react to this :p

So... Have any of you ever tried this?
Shaving my pubic + balls hair is one of the best things in life. It feels so... soft!
And feeling your underwear fabric against your skin is so nice!

It itched me like hell when hair grew back the first 2 or 3 times I did it, but after those I didn't feel any itching anymore, only softness.

So have you ever considered doing, did or actually do manscaping?

Reaction score
i'm lucky enough to not be megahairy, so 'manscaping' is not a requirement.

Strange too vis a vis mule & balls... some girls like it shaved, some girls like a hairy mess. No correlation i've found between the type of girl and the preference either, though i have much fonder memories of the ones that liked it hairy (they were just filthy, awesome girls)

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for some of us (sasquatchesque) are far beyond the benifit of manscaping.

I am one of the few and the proud that are so hairy that manscaping would make no difference at all. The amount of work needed to make a "less hairy" appearance far exceeds the potential return.

We just get the chickies that like bears.

I have tried shaving, waxing, sugaring, and plucking the back, the balls, the shoulders, but the pain of it growing back in a matter of hours is not something I can tolerate.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by groomin

Haha, I just can't wait to see how my girlfriend will react to this :p

It would be awesome if you get to take a picture of your partner's expression when she sees the surprise. If you do, post it here!

markb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
for some of us (sasquatchesque) are far beyond the benifit of manscaping.

I am one of the few and the proud that are so hairy that manscaping would make no difference at all. The amount of work needed to make a "less hairy" appearance far exceeds the potential return.

We just get the chickies that like bears.

I have tried shaving, waxing, sugaring, and plucking the back, the balls, the shoulders, but the pain of it growing back in a matter of hours is not something I can tolerate.

Glad to know I don't have to try the shaving etc. As a fellow bear I second your thought it's just not worth it.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isn't serious right? I mean, no guy who isn't a model or a swimmer (or gay, not that anything's wrong with that) does more than an occasional trim when things get too hairy, pardon the pun? Maybe remove hair from the back, but otherwise, it's kinda supposed to be there.

If you're a bear, as the previous poster noted, then the hassle isn't worth it.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trust me the hassle is not worth it at all.

One year, I had a crack at this lassie that was a runway model.

So, I shaved my back, it was summer, and wanting to come off as a "normal" man, I shaved it all.

After a day of fun in the sun, I ended up with a severe sunburn. When you add back stubble to a severe sunburn, you have what might be the most uncomfortable feeling a man can experience.

To top it off, I was playing for an opera company, playing in an open air theatre , so it was very hot. Imagine:
A severe sunburn
Shaved back (a very hairy one at that)
Wearing a black tux for 3+ hours a night
90+ degree temps with high humidity
Sweating back
this adds up to NOT WORTH IT.

Until lasers get to the point where they can get rid of it all in an easy, cost effective and permenant fashion, I am going to simply claim I have super testosterone levels!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
+1 on no shaving. I can't see the use, and frankly, grown men with perfectly hairless bodies look kind of creepy to me.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I think it might be a generational thing. Anyways, how do you know you don't like it until you try it?

Jon.

I think that's true re generations. On the other hand, I have shaved my face for years, and don't like the way it feels at all. Since I am off the market, I can't imagine torturing myself for no apparent reason.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think that's true re generations. On the other hand, I have shaved my face for years, and don't like the way it feels at all. Since I am off the market, I can't imagine torturing myself for no apparent reason.

Fair enough. I think this particular issue is really a personal one and it really changes on a person-to-person basis.

Jon.

markb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Fair enough. I think this particular issue is really a personal one and it really changes on a person-to-person basis.

Jon.

Well said. If it were a little back hair or shoulder hair that might be different. For some of us though, the hair is just as thick on the shoulders and back and butt as on our chests. I don't do it for practicle matters it would simply take too long. Lucky for me I have someone who likes it the way it is.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
grown men with perfectly hairless bodies look kind of creepy to me.

It's not creepy in your 20s and 30s if you have a nice body, but body hair is your friend as you get older (hides the sags and wrinkles).

Among the gym crowd manscaping seems to be the norm, I rarely see guys with super hairy legs or bushy pits/pubes. Ever since no show/ankle socks with running shoes became the norm of active footwear all guys want to have pretty legs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads