• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pratesi was disappointing. With queen sheets at $560 and bath towels at $175, stuff was still priced above my pain point.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pratesi was insanely overpriced.

RL Home was amazing. And doors didn't open at noon as advertised, but before. Some amazing stuff was already sold when I got there around 10:30. Thankfully I was able to snap up a ton of vintage cufflinks, random silver stuff, a lamp, other stuff. I'm going back on the last day in the hopes that a $20,000 bed I liked will still be there on final clearance.
smile.gif
They had tables and tables of drapery fabrics, some very interesting furniture. Worth a visit (unless you are in the market for a sleigh bed - don't buy my bed!)

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Pratesi was insanely overpriced.

RL Home was amazing. And doors didn't open at noon as advertised, but before. Some amazing stuff was already sold when I got there around 10:30. Thankfully I was able to snap up a ton of vintage cufflinks, random silver stuff, a lamp, other stuff. I'm going back on the last day in the hopes that a $20,000 bed I liked will still be there on final clearance.
smile.gif
They had tables and tables of drapery fabrics, some very interesting furniture. Worth a visit (unless you are in the market for a sleigh bed - don't buy my bed!)

What were the prices like?

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Santoni will actually take a phone order during the sale?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
What were the prices like?
Excellent.

The larger and more expensive furniture was obviously still expensive ($18,000 bed for $4,000), but there were real steals there too. All my cufflinks were originally over $600 each, for $125. I got two sets of vermeil (gold over stirling) cuttlery, originally $625, for $25. I got the antique silver "helmet" table lamp, still on polo.com for over $600, for $125. They had a bunch of non-silver cocktail shakers for $5 each. So, really good prices, particularly on the smaller things (which may be mostly gone by now). As I say, I'm going to go back hoping for final reductions on the big ticket stuff.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rifilessi on 57th St b/w 5th and 6th is moving and having a sale. Shirts are 3 for $100, Jackets are reduced to 30%, and shoes were $100 for most styles. Can't attest to quality of anything, but i think they carry some decent quality.

seok

Reaction score
if u mean Riflessi, i've bought a Canali suit from there before, and my father has bought a Canali suit and, i think, a Zileri jacket. that was my entry into fine suits.

decent prices and the guy's been open to haggling.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing good. Unless you are size 6, 11 or 13. Then there a handful of ok FAMs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads