Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Pratesi was disappointing. With queen sheets at $560 and bath towels at $175, stuff was still priced above my pain point.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Pratesi was insanely overpriced.

RL Home was amazing. And doors didn't open at noon as advertised, but before. Some amazing stuff was already sold when I got there around 10:30. Thankfully I was able to snap up a ton of vintage cufflinks, random silver stuff, a lamp, other stuff. I'm going back on the last day in the hopes that a $20,000 bed I liked will still be there on final clearance. [​IMG] They had tables and tables of drapery fabrics, some very interesting furniture. Worth a visit (unless you are in the market for a sleigh bed - don't buy my bed!)

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Pratesi was insanely overpriced.

RL Home was amazing. And doors didn't open at noon as advertised, but before. Some amazing stuff was already sold when I got there around 10:30. Thankfully I was able to snap up a ton of vintage cufflinks, random silver stuff, a lamp, other stuff. I'm going back on the last day in the hopes that a $20,000 bed I liked will still be there on final clearance. [​IMG] They had tables and tables of drapery fabrics, some very interesting furniture. Worth a visit (unless you are in the market for a sleigh bed - don't buy my bed!)

What were the prices like?

4. Mute

Mute Senior member

Does anyone know if Santoni will actually take a phone order during the sale?

5. mussel

mussel Senior member

Does anyone know if Santoni will actually take a phone order during the sale?

Don't tempt fate. A guy over at AAAC got roundhouse kicked in the face, twice, for doing precisely just that:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/F...TOPIC_ID=20065

6. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Don't tempt fate. A guy over at AAAC got roundhouse kicked in the face, twice, for doing precisely just that:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/F...TOPIC_ID=20065

That salesperson must not have been Chuck Norris. When Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks you to the face, you stay kicked.

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

What were the prices like?
    Excellent.

The larger and more expensive furniture was obviously still expensive ($18,000 bed for $4,000), but there were real steals there too. All my cufflinks were originally over $600 each, for $125. I got two sets of vermeil (gold over stirling) cuttlery, originally $625, for $25. I got the antique silver "helmet" table lamp, still on polo.com for over $600, for $125. They had a bunch of non-silver cocktail shakers for $5 each. So, really good prices, particularly on the smaller things (which may be mostly gone by now). As I say, I'm going to go back hoping for final reductions on the big ticket stuff.

8. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

9. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

Rifilessi on 57th St b/w 5th and 6th is moving and having a sale. Shirts are 3 for $100, Jackets are reduced to 30%, and shoes were $100 for most styles. Can't attest to quality of anything, but i think they carry some decent quality.

10. seok

seok Senior member

if u mean Riflessi, i've bought a Canali suit from there before, and my father has bought a Canali suit and, i think, a Zileri jacket. that was my entry into fine suits.

decent prices and the guy's been open to haggling.

11. brass4321

brass4321 Active Member

Anyone have any idea about what's left at Santoni NY today?

12. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Nothing good. Unless you are size 6, 11 or 13. Then there a handful of ok FAMs.

13. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Fate doesn't want to tempt Chuck Norris.
    Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

14. brass4321

brass4321 Active Member

Ended up with 2 beautiful pairs of FAM - sizes 7D & 7.5D

15. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Sierra Trading Post has taken a 20% mark down on the Corneliani Isaia and Dunhill. Not Manhattan specific, but still. Does anyone know why they almost never get 38R?