Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Today is the last day of the Santoni sale. More new stuffs coming in this Sunday, including FAM and Goodyear welt. Very good size selections on a brown Norwegian welt FAM. For the big footed members there's pair of 14D FAM captoe balmoral, lots of hand works, absolutely beautiful antiqueing, very English looking.

Please note that not every FAMs are housed in the signature parchment antique-looking boxes, including the aforementioned 14D FAM, so you need to look inside every boxes.

2. yanks2182

yanks2182 Senior member

Anything in a 10D? Pricing?

3. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Anything in a 10D? Pricing?

FAM $250, all others $150 including the Goodyear welt.

I am pretty sure the brown Norwegian welt FAM is available in 10D, at least when I left about an hour ago.

4. mussel

mussel Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. I made a bee line to the store and picked a pair of Norwegian welt, my first. There're still some FAMs when I left in the afternoon. They told me they may have another sale in September.

5. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Post pics of the norwegians when you can.

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Went to the Bellino linens sale today. The prices and selection were decent. Queen sets were $100 for the hotel collection, $200 for sateen, and $300 for jacquard. Separates were also available at similar prices. The hotel collection sets seem like a pretty good deal if you don't mind plain white sheets. I don't know if prices will be reduced on the last day or not.

dan

7. demo5

demo5 Senior member

Were there any Bellino sets there that are black?

8. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Not that I recall among the queen sheets. Lots of blues, beiges, grays in light, pale tones in addition to the white hotel sheets. I did see a couple sets in chocolate brown, too.

9. johnnynorman

johnnynorman Well-Known Member

I agree that the Bellino Hotel Collection is a decent deal at $100. The sheet sets are also a generous 17" deep -- the fitted sheet fit over my deep pillowtop mattress with enough room to spare that I'm not worried about shrinkage. I'm generally a fan of white sheets, as they fit my home decor. So, I'm happy. 300 thread count, Italian-milled Egyptian cotton queen set for $100? Not bad at all, I'd say.

For $300, the jacquard weaves seemed a bit overpriced, since you're paying for the design rather than the quality of the cotton (600 tc). I could care less whether my sheets have a sophisticated pattern on them.

10. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

Went to the Bellino linens sale today. The prices and selection were decent. Queen sets were $100 for the hotel collection, $200 for sateen, and $300 for jacquard. Separates were also available at similar prices. The hotel collection sets seem like a pretty good deal if you don't mind plain white sheets. I don't know if prices will be reduced on the last day or not.

dan

Where's this sale?

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

123 W. 18th St. btw 6th and 7th

12. mussel

mussel Senior member

Dan, JN, do you know the thread counts for the sateen collection? I understand a Queen set consists of 2 pillow cases, 1 fitted sheet and 1 loose sheet, correct?

Where's this sale?

TUESDAY, MARCH 28th through FRIDAY, MARCH 31st
    Tuesday through Thursday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
    Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
    METROPOLITAN PAVILION
    123 West 18th Street, NYC (Between 6th and 7th Avenues)
    Gallery, 4th Floor

13. johnnynorman

johnnynorman Well-Known Member

I couldn't tell, and it may have varied from 400 to 500. I'm not sure there were many sets of the Sateen sheets though. Seemed mostly the jacquard 600 tc collection or the Hotel 300 tc collection.

14. dah328

dah328 Senior member

As JN said, it was 400 or 500. Don't know that that's a real good metric for anything other than the marketing sleeve, but there it is. Queen sets are one flat, one fitted, and two standard pillowcases.

If anyone goes tomorrow, could you report on whether there have been price reductions?

Thanks,

dan

15. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Anyone know when the Lobb store is having its annual sale?