• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

timeless

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
Santoni - Finest Quality Footwear For Men & Women

Santoni footwear for men and women is renowned throughout the world for its exceptional beauty and craftsmanship. Each pair of shoes is crafted in the authentic Italian tradition of shoe making. Women's shoes can be found from $99.99-$299.99. Selections include boots, loafers, sandals, and more. Handmade shoes for men are $399.99-$499.99 and semi-handmade shoes will be $159.99-$249.99.
Event Begins: \t9/14/2008
Event Ends: \t9/14/2008
Event Times: \tSunday Only 11am-4pm
(btwn 70th & 71st St)
New York, NY 10021
(212) 794-3820
Payment Types: \tCash//MC/VISA/AMEX - No Checks

Anyone have experience with the selection usually available at the sale?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timeless
Anyone have experience with the selection usually available at the sale?
It sucks. It sucks bad.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
It sucks. It sucks bad.

That's only within the past couple years. There is an old thread where people got the orange sock fatte a mano for a song. Who knows, you might get lucky. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
It sucks. It sucks bad.

You wouldn't by any chance be trying to dissuade fellow SFers, would you?
smile.gif

boo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Vacheron, Girard, Breguet, Blancpain will all be represented, though the VCs will be limited to their entry models--Malte Royal Eagle in steel. Breguet rarely appears and Blancpain usually has a decent showing. IWC pieces are extremely limited. I remember seeing a IWC Mark XV in PT at the last sale I attended. Girard-Perregaux is generally overpriced at the Tonneau sale. Ulysse Nardin and Lange are not carried by Tourneau. I've never seen Chopard with their newer L.U.C. movements offered at the sample sale.

For pen collectors, Tourneau periodically offers a few Cartier pieces.

As far as IWC (as of yesterday afternoon), they had at least four each of Ingenieur chronos and non-chronos, even more of the AMG versions all at 50% off. The chronos tended to be dinged up a bit. And for you real bargain hunters, they had a Platinum Grande Complication at $228k minus 50% off. One of the sales people apparently had no idea what the watch was and soiled his pants after checking the price at the request of someone browsing.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
As far as IWC (as of yesterday afternoon), they had at least four each of Ingenieur chronos and non-chronos, even more of the AMG versions all at 50% off. The chronos tended to be dinged up a bit. And for you real bargain hunters, they had a Platinum Grande Complication at $228k minus 50% off. One of the sales people apparently had no idea what the watch was and soiled his pants after checking the price at the request of someone browsing.

Any watches in the $200-300 range?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
You wouldn't by any chance be trying to dissuade fellow SFers, would you?
smile.gif

haha no. go if you'd like. but read the reviews in this thread even about it. you stand in line outside, it's packed inside, when you get in all they have are weird styles that are old (10 years) or just straight up ugly and in the rare event that you find something nice, it's still expensive.

boo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PhiloVance
Any watches in the $200-300 range?

I believe there were, although I think they tended to be the fashion watch varieties. There were a few interesting Hamiltons, although the selection wasn't that big. There were a bunch of Tourneau house brand watches that I imagine would be in your price range.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
I believe there were, although I think they tended to be the fashion watch varieties. There were a few interesting Hamiltons, although the selection wasn't that big. There were a bunch of Tourneau house brand watches that I imagine would be in your price range.

Thanks for the info boo. I was actually interested in a Hamilton - - I'll probably swing by the sale tomorrow to check them out.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not clothing related.

Cassina is currently having a sale on its entire collection thru 9/13.

155E56 212.245.2121

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Not clothing related.

Cassina is currently having a sale on its entire collection thru 9/13.

155E56 212.245.2121

They usually have a bigger sale (30% ~) a month or so after this, but only for in-stock and floor models (last year I got a FLOS lamp at 90% off).

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
Apparently B&B is giving them some competition this weekend.
decisions.gif

What is B&B? And what range of prices does Cassina falls into? I am interested in lounge leather chairs or king size bed.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads