Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. timeless

timeless Senior member

Santoni - Finest Quality Footwear For Men & Women

Santoni footwear for men and women is renowned throughout the world for its exceptional beauty and craftsmanship. Each pair of shoes is crafted in the authentic Italian tradition of shoe making. Women's shoes can be found from $99.99-$299.99. Selections include boots, loafers, sandals, and more. Handmade shoes for men are $399.99-$499.99 and semi-handmade shoes will be $159.99-$249.99.
    Event Begins: \t9/14/2008
    Event Ends: \t9/14/2008
    Event Times: \tSunday Only 11am-4pm
    (btwn 70th & 71st St)
    New York, NY 10021
    (212) 794-3820
    Payment Types: \tCash//MC/VISA/AMEX - No Checks

Anyone have experience with the selection usually available at the sale?

2. haganah

haganah Senior member

Anyone have experience with the selection usually available at the sale?
    It sucks. It sucks bad.

3. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

It sucks. It sucks bad.

That's only within the past couple years. There is an old thread where people got the orange sock fatte a mano for a song. Who knows, you might get lucky. But I wouldn't bet on it.

4. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Senior member

It sucks. It sucks bad.

You wouldn't by any chance be trying to dissuade fellow SFers, would you? [​IMG]

5. boo

boo Senior member

Vacheron, Girard, Breguet, Blancpain will all be represented, though the VCs will be limited to their entry models--Malte Royal Eagle in steel. Breguet rarely appears and Blancpain usually has a decent showing. IWC pieces are extremely limited. I remember seeing a IWC Mark XV in PT at the last sale I attended. Girard-Perregaux is generally overpriced at the Tonneau sale. Ulysse Nardin and Lange are not carried by Tourneau. I've never seen Chopard with their newer L.U.C. movements offered at the sample sale.

For pen collectors, Tourneau periodically offers a few Cartier pieces.

As far as IWC (as of yesterday afternoon), they had at least four each of Ingenieur chronos and non-chronos, even more of the AMG versions all at 50% off. The chronos tended to be dinged up a bit. And for you real bargain hunters, they had a Platinum Grande Complication at $228k minus 50% off. One of the sales people apparently had no idea what the watch was and soiled his pants after checking the price at the request of someone browsing.

6. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

As far as IWC (as of yesterday afternoon), they had at least four each of Ingenieur chronos and non-chronos, even more of the AMG versions all at 50% off. The chronos tended to be dinged up a bit. And for you real bargain hunters, they had a Platinum Grande Complication at $228k minus 50% off. One of the sales people apparently had no idea what the watch was and soiled his pants after checking the price at the request of someone browsing.

Any watches in the $200-300 range?

7. haganah

haganah Senior member

You wouldn't by any chance be trying to dissuade fellow SFers, would you? [​IMG]
    haha no. go if you'd like. but read the reviews in this thread even about it. you stand in line outside, it's packed inside, when you get in all they have are weird styles that are old (10 years) or just straight up ugly and in the rare event that you find something nice, it's still expensive.

8. boo

boo Senior member

Any watches in the $200-300 range?

I believe there were, although I think they tended to be the fashion watch varieties. There were a few interesting Hamiltons, although the selection wasn't that big. There were a bunch of Tourneau house brand watches that I imagine would be in your price range.

9. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I believe there were, although I think they tended to be the fashion watch varieties. There were a few interesting Hamiltons, although the selection wasn't that big. There were a bunch of Tourneau house brand watches that I imagine would be in your price range.

Thanks for the info boo. I was actually interested in a Hamilton - - I'll probably swing by the sale tomorrow to check them out.

10. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Not clothing related.

Cassina is currently having a sale on its entire collection thru 9/13.

155E56 212.245.2121

11. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

Not clothing related.

Cassina is currently having a sale on its entire collection thru 9/13.

155E56 212.245.2121

They usually have a bigger sale (30% ~) a month or so after this, but only for in-stock and floor models (last year I got a FLOS lamp at 90% off).

12. von Rothbart

They usually have a bigger sale (30% ~) a month or so after this, but only for in-stock and floor models (last year I got a FLOS lamp at 90% off).

You're right, the big sale starts this weekend:

http://www.interiordesign.net/articl...dustryid=48777

I'll be there.

13. Kuro

Kuro Senior member

14. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

Apparently B&B is giving them some competition this weekend.[​IMG]

What is B&B? And what range of prices does Cassina falls into? I am interested in lounge leather chairs or king size bed.

Thanks.

15. von Rothbart

What is B&B? And what range of prices does Cassina falls into? I am interested in lounge leather chairs or king size bed.

Thanks.

www.bebitalia.com

B&B Italia warehouse sale:
    135W18
    9/19-22
    Fri-Sat 10am-6pm
    Sun 12pm-6pm
    Mon 10am-6pm

www.cassinausa.com