Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Senior member

Nothing additional off of suits today, green tag 50% everything else 30% shoes 50% etc... Many people working said this years sale was really slow and the reductions would not be any better tomorrow, but who knows I have heard that in the past and things still get a bit better...

2. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

did anyone go today, did the suits ever go lower than 30%?

3. Wvillager

Wvillager Well-Known Member

I went mid-afternoon. Suits were still 30%/50%. Clearly today in all categories bargains could only be found misclassified in sizes, so it was up to you to spend the time looking. I bought a varvatos star usa suit (40r, sitting in the 44r section of course) for $350 which is not a terribly good deal but I like the fit.

Re: 3-year-old merchandise, I don't know the seasons for varvatos but the one I bought was clearly a season older than the ones currently flooding c21 for $500.

4. mfadam

mfadam Senior member

as of 2PM or so it was still 30% off suits and 50% off green tags. Curious if they did any end of day additional discounts??

It was a zoo today, lines were around an hour...

5. envoy8

envoy8 Member

Very depressing. I went Friday and saw some things that I wanted and planned on buying (Isaia suit, Canali slacks, Barney's brand overcoat) them assuming that the discount went to 65 or 70% as it has in past years. The discount was the same as Friday.

If the sale was slow, one would thing they would increase the discount?

6. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

where is this warehouse sale?
    also anything else i should check out while im town this weekend.

7. akaidiot

akaidiot Senior member

where is this warehouse sale?
    also anything else i should check out while im town this weekend.

The warehouse sale is over. You kind of came at a bad time for sales, since the fall stuff is just hitting the shelves.

8. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

9. akaidiot

akaidiot Senior member

that sucks. i live down south so i just need summer stuff.... fall/winter isnt applicable to me [​IMG]

btw is there any stores that sell rag and bone in nyc? is that store they were opening up, open yet?

http://chichi212.com/2008/07/25/rag-...-to-manhattan/

Yup, supposedly it opened this past weekend, at least according to racked.com

10. armada

armada New Member

last time I went to n.y. I was so impressed. the sale are asome.... Here in montreal, canada sutff in sale is about 20% off from regular

11. Wvillager

Wvillager Well-Known Member

yeah the r&b is almost directly across the street from my place. It has been open for a week although I haven't been in to check it out. Funny it went from empty space to open in about 2 weeks-- definitely not a "fake" un-made look.

12. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Was at the Union Square Filene's last night - some very good prices on Malo knits and Brioni shirts. Also, some miscellaneous stuff from Mario's. The knits were a good mix of very light weight cottons, silks, wools, or blends in a variety of s/s and l/s styles. Almost picked up an $80.00 spring and early fall weight long sleeve polo in a very nice 100% wool. Extremely light. Just a tad too tight.

13. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

Filenes at 79th & Broadway has a bunch of Brioni stuff in, including a few suits, pants, shirts, ties, and odd jackets. There are also a bunch of Canali shirts and ties.

14. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

Santoni - Finest Quality Footwear For Men & Women

Santoni footwear for men and women is renowned throughout the world for its exceptional beauty and craftsmanship. Each pair of shoes is crafted in the authentic Italian tradition of shoe making. Women's shoes can be found from $99.99-$299.99. Selections include boots, loafers, sandals, and more. Handmade shoes for men are $399.99-$499.99 and semi-handmade shoes will be $159.99-$249.99.
    Event Begins: \t9/14/2008
    Event Ends: \t9/14/2008
    Event Times: \tSunday Only 11am-4pm
    (btwn 70th & 71st St)
    New York, NY 10021
    (212) 794-3820
    Payment Types: \tCash//MC/VISA/AMEX - No Checks