• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Male Waxing?

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i reaalllly think u should let a professional do it. however, if you must, you want to look for brazilian "hard wax." it either comes in little pots that u heat up on a warmer or you buy a bag of wax pellets and warm them in the warmer.

it's nice to put a light dusting of talc on the skin to protect it, and see where u've already waxed. never re wax the same section bc you could rip off the top layer of skin. if it didn't pick it up the first time, you need to tweeze. oh yeah, if the follicle bleeds a bit, that's good - it's a sign u've successfully ripped the hair out at the root.

good luccckkkkk ......

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know that men did this kind of thing. Wouldn't do it myself though. Pulling ones pubes out with wax sounds kind of painful.

Last edited:

llch81

Reaction score
I've just got mine done (a boyzillian - that is what it is called this part of the world) on Wednesday. Yes there was a little bleeding, the pain was bearable though.

nystyle86

Reaction score
Waxing always causes trauma to your skin and hair follicles. If done incorrectly habitually it's easy to to cause distorted follicles and create all sorts of problems from ingrown hairs to cystic inflammation. You should seek out a pro that uses "hard wax" which is said to be best method. I had body waxing with undesired side-effects that lasted for months. Then I switched to laser and electrolysis hair removal without looking back. A permanent option for your unwanted hairs on private parts is electrolysis. I had random shaft hairs and my scrotum zapped with electrolysis hair removal, so I no longer have to bother with weekly routine of shaving down there for life. And it's not more painful then getting your ball hair ripped out with some hot wax.

nystyle86

Reaction score
Laser and electrolysis costs vary greatly, but important thing is to do your homework and find a reputable place that uses good tech and skill. My laser for chest and abs is considered costly at $2,500 for 6 sessions (shouldn't take more than 8 on male body.) You can find places where it can cost you as little as $1200 for the same job. Electrolysis costs are the same. Mine charged $80 an hour. Some places charge as high as $145 an hour. I ended up spending about $450 on scrotal work. Skill and speed in electrolysis will get the job done fairly fast.

Star

Reaction score
what has not been mentioned in this thread is how do male Appreciation stars get their hair removed. There must be a industry standard and I expect they have mastered the process?

elmore

Reaction score
i'm just glad Earnest Hemingway isnt alive to read this thread. seriously, what the **** has happened to masculinity ?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm just glad Earnest Hemingway isnt alive to read this thread. seriously, what the **** has happened to masculinity ?

Agreed, I think he would be cursing while spinning in his grave.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you shave you will become proficient enough to do it in under 2 mins, and have to do it every 3 days or so. Waxing seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think carefully about getting lasered down there, for getting rid of a monobrow fine but if you break up with this lass your next girlfriend better like no hair on your pubes, I've yet to meet or hear of a woman who does.

Having said that, I have nothing but respect for women who have bikini waxes. I would never have my pubes waxed, a slight slip when trimming is bad enough.

milesfisher

Reaction score
Laser and electrolysis costs vary greatly, but important thing is to do your homework and find a reputable place that uses good tech and skill. My laser for chest and abs is considered costly at $2,500 for 6 sessions (shouldn't take more than 8 on male body.) You can find places where it can cost you as little as $1200 for the same job. Electrolysis costs are the same. Mine charged $80 an hour. Some places charge as high as $145 an hour. I ended up spending about $450 on scrotal work. Skill and speed in electrolysis will get the job done fairly fast.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads