• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Saarinen table, Hermes Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this
Bespoke clothing, money green leather wallet (you know!)
Got a Wii board, hidden under my F. Knoll

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Saarinen table, Hermes Genesis
When I was dead broke, man I couldn't picture this
Bespoke clothing, money green leather wallet (you know!)
Got a Wii board, hidden under my F. Knoll

Was that Biggie?

It should have been

Super 160's, Shoes from Mr. Kiss
When I was dead broke man, I couldnt picture this
50 inch cuffs, Rubinacci on my shoulders
Got 2 blogs, a breast wallet and a oneshoe

Last edited:

Bartolo

Reaction score

Wallet looks great, but does one have to be congratulated if he succeeds in buying a wallet

That's how "we" do it -- congratulate folks for buying something. I never understood it either -- maybe a person might be congratulated for being able to afford something, but "hearty congrats" for buying a watch, for example?? It's just how we compulsive buyers reaffirm ourselves.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I for one, didn't realize the rarity of a high-quality breast wallet in the right shade of green until I started looking for one. Valextra has a nice breast wallet, but the pebble-grain leather has a weird rubbery feel to it and the available green is dull and washed-out.

Really? That's disappointing to hear as I'm planning to pick up something by Valextra in their green pebble grain (not a breast wallet) on an upcomming trip. In the photos I've seen the colour looks great - I was about to compliment yours as it seems to be pretty close to what I'm looking at.

Do you remember which Valextra colour you saw? The Verde Forte seems fine from pics, while the Verde Prato looks a good deal lighter...

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
My wallet cost $16 at TJ Maxx. I just went to the strip mall and bought it. They didn't have to telephone France.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's how "we" do it -- congratulate folks for buying something. I never understood it either -- maybe a person might be congratulated for being able to afford something, but "hearty congrats" for buying a watch, for example?? It's just how we compulsive buyers reaffirm ourselves.

I don't understand this, either. I do understand extending congrats to a young person or couple for buying a first home or car, but not much else beyond that. :confused:

Last edited:

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where to put the monogram?

Don't bother trying convince me not to add one. Decided already.

Outside, bottom right hand corner?

Inside, bottom right hand corner?

Gold, no gold?

Wow Foo! You went ahead with the purchase even though they treated you like ****? I surely do not see the wisdom of that logic. You just reinforced their tactics. You were supposed to go buy something twice as expensive then go rub it in their face, like on Pretty Woman. Only this would be Pretty Foo.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You might look at this guy's work (he does bespoke and recently had a show at Colette in Paris.) He does hand saddle stitching.:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Nitz/182186731147

IMO, April in Paris can sometimes be rather sloppy in the stitching department.

(A few years ago the Hermes Fleming MC2 wallet, in Evergrain, was $1350. (plus tax)...I'm sure it's more now.)

Peter Nitz does great stuff. Any men's examples?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'll take some for foo and you tomorrow or during the next days...
But it's not that spectacular, it's a very small, simple leather item.

could you post the pic for everyone to see? I think foo's green wallet thread deserves a spinoff thread. You have a captivated audience at your attention

Last edited:

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take some for foo and you tomorrow or during the next days...
But it's not that spectacular, it's a very small, simple leather item.

could you post the pic for everyone to see? I think foo's green wallet thread deserves a spinoff thread. You have a captivated audience at your attention

I changed my decision, I'll take pics after another 100 pages :slayer:

mrbrioni

Reaction score

Really? That's disappointing to hear as I'm planning to pick up something by Valextra in their green pebble grain (not a breast wallet) on an upcomming trip. In the photos I've seen the colour looks great - I was about to compliment yours as it seems to be pretty close to what I'm looking at.

Do you remember which Valextra colour you saw? The Verde Forte seems fine from pics, while the Verde Prato looks a good deal lighter...
I purchased a green Valextra wallet from Angelicboris on B & S and honestly, I love it. I'm saving it for the fall, however it looks beautiful.

Advent

Reaction score

Peter Nitz does great stuff. Any men's examples?

Did you click on that link I posted to his facebook page? There are a lot of pix there. He also has a website
www.peternitz.com
you might want to email him for addl pix of men's items.
His stuff is truly handmade/hand-stitched, unlike Hermes, which is now assembled like a kit, with various craftsmen doing different portions of the piece (with some of it being machine stitched). I point this out because over the years Hermes prices have continued to go up (they have a price increase at least once a year) and yet the amount of hand-stitching and hand-crafting has gone down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads