• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some new wool pants based on my improved pattern (see picture below).
I think for online mtm (or bespoke) this fit is pretty good

GnarlyBear

Reaction score

Last time I checked there were more than 500+ shirt cloths available for less than $100. I am pretty sure that that selection has grown over the years. I don't really see it is as a problem that they also have added more exclusive alternatives.

If I were working for Luxire I would study which customers buy at their sales. I would keep having the sales events if it brings in new customers who then will go on and shop at regular price throughout the year. If the new customers does not become regular customers or if most people that buy at the sales are regular customers I would stop having the sales. Instead I would implement another sale or loyalty system to reward repeat customers.

I usually order during the sales events but the extended delivery times and some issues that always come up (like unavailable cloths) actually impact both my annual spending and also my view on Luxire’s services negatively. I have had problems with several sales orders but never with “normal” orders at regular prices.

The number of shirts under $100 is not the issue and I stated they added more expensive lines, not replaced existing​ - I was discussing the comment which stated Luxire should not be bothered with those who want keenly priced products from them.

Spurious

Reaction score
I don't think anyone ever implied that people who buy Luxire for their sub-$100 shirts should go elsewhere. I think quite the opposite was suggested. People who are looking for mega deals should look elsewhere and everyone shopping at Luxire should know that the quality is high, the price is low throughout the year and not running constant sales will actually ensure that this is the case in the future.

Big Bird is obviously right and I assume that they have done exactly that. Most of the big haulers at sales were actually former regular Luxire customers and now only shop twice a year.

jandersson

Reaction score
FYI, I completed an order 12 days ago and heard today that it should ship within a day or two.

I ordered one shirt + pants, both with many alterations to my pattern (read: lots of extra work required for Luxire).

Fulfilling a normal order without pattern alterations in a couple of weeks would be really good. Fulfilling an advanced order like this is amazing! My local alterations tailor often takes longer for minor jobs. If Luxire can consistently deliver this quickly I'd gladly sacrifice sales.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
very good fit... and the shirt......wonderful fit........but Id guess its snug sitting after a lovely meal?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cricket White Fox Flannels for first day Spring
3792f1df59c939738fb4f1c34da1762d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads-up to the group as it effects lead times pretty significantly. I ordered 3 shirts and 1 pair of trousers in 3 separate orders over a 2 week period starting on 2/5/17. All fabrics were shown on the website as in-stock or available. I've yet to receive any of the items and when I inquired via email I received a response that said one of the shirt fabrics and the trouser fabrics were "on order" from their supplier and delivery time was unknown. This situation appears to be holding up the entire batch of orders. I understand Luxire's desire to save on shipping costs but it sure would be nice to get those items with fabrics that are available completed. Also, if a fabric has a longer lead time or unavailable it would be nice to know that prior to ordering. My initial experience was so flawless and timely that my expectation was high that I'd have something in a few weeks. The stuff is great quality and a good value but the unclear timeframes make it frustrating.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
FYI, I completed an order 12 days ago and heard today that it should ship within a day or two.

I ordered one shirt + pants, both with many alterations to my pattern (read: lots of extra work required for Luxire).

Fulfilling a normal order without pattern alterations in a couple of weeks would be really good. Fulfilling an advanced order like this is amazing! My local alterations tailor often takes longer for minor jobs. If Luxire can consistently deliver this quickly I'd gladly sacrifice sales.

Interesting. I placed an order on 2/22 (two OCBDs) and it has not shipped yet.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Just a heads-up to the group as it effects lead times pretty significantly. I ordered 3 shirts and 1 pair of trousers in 3 separate orders over a 2 week period starting on 2/5/17. All fabrics were shown on the website as in-stock or available. I've yet to receive any of the items and when I inquired via email I received a response that said one of the shirt fabrics and the trouser fabrics were "on order" from their supplier and delivery time was unknown. This situation appears to be holding up the entire batch of orders. I understand Luxire's desire to save on shipping costs but it sure would be nice to get those items with fabrics that are available completed. Also, if a fabric has a longer lead time or unavailable it would be nice to know that prior to ordering. My initial experience was so flawless and timely that my expectation was high that I'd have something in a few weeks. The stuff is great quality and a good value but the unclear timeframes make it frustrating.

It seems there is some misunderstanding. A fabric being available to be ordered on the website does not signify that Luxire has it in stock. There are a ton of fabrics that Luxire orders from the mill after they accept the order on their website.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No linen sale planned. We are keen to go back to our "every-day low price" style of selling.  We want you to buy with confidence, not worrying about price going down after you have bought your garment.

The only promotions we intend to have is order size based, whereby you get a discount on orders above a certain amount, like say 10% off orders above $1000.

Didn't mean to touch off a huge debate here about the merits of item sales v. bulk order sales. I just need to place a huge order of linen and tropical wool stuff before June so figured I'd ask.

I'm one of the "price sensitive" Luxire buyers but I'm fine with the bulk approach. It would be nice to have some predictability wrt when the bulk sales (e.g., a spring/summer sale) are going to occur or to keep the bulk order discount at a constant level. I'm looking to sink in about $1000 in the next couple months but am currently hesitating for that reason.

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

VBC 100% Wool: Dark Blue Flannel

A pair of unique casual flannel pants for the personal style.

Features: Jetted Pocket in the front and double welt loop closure pocket at the rear with jeans style zipper and buttons for closure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads