• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canada shipping is now free.

We are working on a few changes and hope to announce them soon. The options to most countries worldwide we are exploring are:

1. Free shipping, duties billed to customer
Simplest solution. Disadvantaged by the additional fees Fedex/DHL add to the duties.

2. Free shipping and prepaid duties at actual
Prepay VAT/duties at checkout, similar to what one pays locally. No additional courier fees.

3. Flat fee to include shipping and duties
Very much like the current model.

Oh, wow, thanks!

Edit - Personally, I'd pick #3 (like it once was a few years ago) if I could but I'd NEVER complain about #1 (like it is as of now) either.

2. and 3. are both great options.

1. is ok also.

Personally, I'd either pick 2 or 3.

I'd rather pay shipping and known and disclosed duty fees/taxes/brokerage fees beforehand, or include them in the price (flat fee) than have free/paid shipping but gamble on the amount to be requested by Fedex/DHL/whatever courrier is used.

It's always the latter that kills deals, in my experience.

For instance, I like SuitSupply's way - price in displayed in local currency (true, we either win or loose, because price isn't daily adjusted according to daily exchange rate), and shipping/returns/every border and brokering fees included (for orders above 500$). That way, what you see is what you pay. You do not get all excited on a price, only to be let down because price rises after currency exchange, shipping fees, then all the **** courriers and CBSA charge.

cond

Reaction score
1) also means in Germany most of the time, that you won't get the parcel delivered, but it get's stuck at a "nearby" customs office,
with non working-friendly service times, long wait lines etc.

Absolutely not cool.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UK is on Option 3 at the moment and it works best for me - honestly, it probably works for Luxire too since there's an incentive to place larger orders to offset the shipping cost.

As others have said, not having uncertainty on customs fees / the issues that occur when parcels go through customs clearance is worth a premium.

aidanc

Reaction score
Personally I would like #2, I think that the "free shipping" is enticing and encourages more frequent orders. The full disclosure of any duties also prevents any uncertainty and surprise charges as others have mentioned.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must say that as a U.S. resident I'm quite happy with the current policy. The advertised price is what I pay and there are no surprises.

I can also understand why people elsewhere might prefer other payment models, however.

Cheers,

Ac

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I must say that as a U.S. resident I'm quite happy with the current policy.  The advertised price is what I pay and there are no surprises. 

I can also understand why people elsewhere might prefer other payment models, however.

Cheers,

Ac

Same for me, definitely happy with the process as a US customer.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Luxire,
I wonder if you have made anything like this:

I can imagine that I probably should have a jacket made before trying somethibg like this....

Do you have any suitable fabrics for a heavy winter coat like the one above?

Yours

Yes, we have made similar overcoats.

Some fabric options can be seen here.

You can mail us for more details.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same for me, definitely happy with the process as a US customer.

All this time I've been paying for the $15 FedEx option, when I could have been using the free method and gotten the same results :(

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any good jacketing fabrics available for spring/summer? Looking for some nice wool/linen or wool/linen/silk blends for some unstructured jackets. Maybe a guncheck or houndstooth, some solids would be good as well.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any good jacketing fabrics available for spring/summer? Looking for some nice wool/linen or wool/linen/silk blends for some unstructured jackets. Maybe a guncheck or houndstooth, some solids would be good as well.

I'd advocate for Huddersfield being considered, either the Silk Ice or Portofino II book, if memory serves.

sandwitches

Reaction score
I ordered the test fit shirt & pants a couple of days ago using custom measurements and I have a question...am I going to be responsible for additional alterations until the fit is perfected? What about shipping costs? How does this work exactly?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I ordered the test fit shirt & pants a couple of days ago using custom measurements and I have a question...am I going to be responsible for additional alterations until the fit is perfected? What about shipping costs? How does this work exactly?

It's MTM, not bespoke. Luxire works pretty much the way every MTM operation works, they produce a garment to the specifications you provide them. They don't guarantee that those measurements will actually fit your body. If they don't work out, but are within the specs you requested, then you try again or pay for shipping back for a remake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads