• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score

Just like all of my other shirts, except with a two-button cuff.

Fabric? Why do you like that particular blue fabric? I'm just still trying to find the perfect blue luxire dress shirt

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's just a basic blue oxford. Most people would probably have it made up as a button-down. It isn't particularly refined or anything.

Bowball

Reaction score

First thing that comes to mind: are you comfortable? Can you extend your arms fully forward? Can you rotate your arm 360 degrees vertically without your shirt escaping your trousers, or getting uncomfortable? 

I mean, there's not a lot I would change there. Yoke might be a tiny bit too wide, but it doesn't look like there's too much extra fabric anywhere.

Yeah it feels very comfortable with plenty of freedom of movement. Got a nice length so it stays tucked without any problems.

Overall the fit seems quite good if you like a slim fit. I would say that the chest seems a bit tight, rather than too loose. Personally I would increase the chest slightly and leave the rest as is.

Pics of the shirt pre-wearing-under-a-sweater might help, too.

Hmmm... Tempted to add a touch to the chest now. No hurry seeing as December offer is paused now :(

The collar looks nice. Which collar is that? Cheers!

Collar is NOBD 2.

Iipe

Reaction score
Thank you all. We shall pause the "December Shirt Special" now.

Please, unpause it at for a short while, pretty please.

What does "adjust for forward shoulders" and the different degrees of the adjustment do to the pattern precisely? Is it the same as when requesting to decrease the chest width from the front and increase it from the back? Or do you do some other alterations based on forward shoulders?

Thanks.

ammanati

Reaction score
Few shots of the details on the Denim shirt with hand-finish I received in September. Gallery with all photos can be found in one of the latest posts on the blog if anyone is interested.
The fabric is this one: Navy Denim Chambray
Collar is medium fused and top button approx 1in higher than Luxire standard

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again, I missed the boat on a sale. :fu: Some absolutely stunning fabrics in that offering.
Few shots of the details on the Denim shirt with hand-finish I received in September. Gallery with all photos can be found in one of the latest posts on the blog if anyone is interested.
The fabric is this one: Navy Denim Chambray Collar is medium fused and top button approx 1in higher than Luxire standard
This looks great. Can anyone share (by PM, if that's more appropriate) how to specify handwork on items, and what the pricing runs? -- Separately, I saw some posts in 2013 about a blueish gray University Oxford. I don't see anything that quite fits the bill on the site now. I tried to search the thread for any subsequent posts indicating whether it went out of stock etc. but my search-foo skills are poor. Luxire: can you advise whether it's out of stock and, if so, whether you can get it back? Similarly, Luxire, can you provide an estimated time when you think you'll have a gloves offering ready for primetime?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Once again, I missed the boat on a sale. :fu: Some absolutely stunning fabrics in that offering.
This looks great.
Can anyone share (by PM, if that's more appropriate) how to specify handwork on items, and what the pricing runs?

--

Separately, I saw some posts in 2013 about a blueish gray University Oxford. I don't see anything that quite fits the bill on the site now. I tried to search the thread for any subsequent posts indicating whether it went out of stock etc. but my search-foo skills are poor. Luxire: can you advise whether it's out of stock and, if so, whether you can get it back?

Similarly, Luxire, can you provide an estimated time when you think you'll have a gloves offering ready for primetime?

I believe a handmade shirt is $100 extra.

Last edited:

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have any experience with the Brisbane Moss canvas? The swatch seems significantly different than the color description. The tan looks brown and the khaki looks like a dark green?

Don't have those colors, but have the navy and while the color seems a bit different from the website, fabric is highly recommended.

ammanati

Reaction score
I believe a handmade shirt is $100 extra.

Once again, I missed the boat on a sale.
ffffuuuu.gif
Some absolutely stunning fabrics in that offering.
This looks great.
Can anyone share (by PM, if that's more appropriate) how to specify handwork on items, and what the pricing runs?

--

Separately, I saw some posts in 2013 about a blueish gray University Oxford. I don't see anything that quite fits the bill on the site now. I tried to search the thread for any subsequent posts indicating whether it went out of stock etc. but my search-foo skills are poor. Luxire: can you advise whether it's out of stock and, if so, whether you can get it back?

Similarly, Luxire, can you provide an estimated time when you think you'll have a gloves offering ready for primetime?
That is correct, $100. You can add it as an additional service or add a note in the comments (this does not add $100 automatically to your cart so you would have to add it as an add service anyway to pay for it)

zeBanker

Reaction score

Luxire women's vanity case in soft cow leather.
Dimension: 45 x 15 x 25 cm
Internal details: zipper pocket and other side Mobile pocket
Brass hardware in nickel finish.

I think the craftmenship of the bags and stuff out of all is making me astonished most! That stuff looks pretty magnificent.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is correct, $100. You can add it as an additional service or add a note in the comments (this does not add $100 automatically to your cart so you would have to add it as an add service anyway to pay for it)

Good to know. Thanks. Is it an all or nothing thing -- in other words, is there a way to opt for hand made shoulders and hand linked collar but not, for example, gusset, button holes and side seams (presumably for less $$)?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads