• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dugdale Grey Wool Flannel - the mainstay for many office days in winter.
$149.99 only

View attachment 1840050
@luxire what's the difference between these two fabrics

And these two fabrics

I think I have the latter two, which I'm very happy with but would love to learn how the former two differ from the latter two?

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are all from the same family of fabrics, same collection.
Thanks. They're priced differently so I'm assuming something must be different?

I'll email customer service and ask whether there's any difference with regards to surface and ask for side by side pics to see if there's any difference in colour/shade.

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. They're priced differently so I'm assuming something must be different?

I'll email customer service and ask whether there's any difference with regards to surface and ask for side by side pics to see if there's any difference in colour/shade.

I suspect it’s just a Luxire offer on one shade - if they get enough orders they can order the fabric in bulk which obviates some of the costs of ordering a length at a time which is implied in the pricing of the other shades.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I suspect it’s just a Luxire offer on one shade - if they get enough orders they can order the fabric in bulk which obviates some of the costs of ordering a length at a time which is implied in the pricing of the other shades.
Spot on!
We order popular fabrics in bulk and are able to pass on the savings to the customers.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.

Spot on!
We order popular fabrics in bulk and are able to pass on the savings to the customers.

Thanks for confirming. The latter two are worsted according to the website which I can confirm since I have them. Can you shed light on whether the former two that are currently discounted are woollen or worsted twill?

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.

Thanks for confirming. The latter two are worsted according to the website which I can confirm since I have them. Can you shed light on whether the former two that are currently discounted are woollen or worsted twill?
Except the shade, they are all the same, worsted twill flannel.
All are excellent fabrics.

Blastwice

Reaction score
Luxire - I really liked the hand of Brembana White Sky Blue Dress Shirt in the recent Biz Shirt Sale. It's very luxurious. I was considering these possibilities as additions-- are there any others you'd recommend (from Brembana or others) for higher-end shirting?
Also, would you agree this fabric would make an excellent double-breasted jacket? Any other hidden gems you might recommend for a DB Jacket?

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire - I really liked the hand of Brembana White Sky Blue Dress Shirt in the recent Biz Shirt Sale. It's very luxurious. I was considering these possibilities as additions-- are there any others you'd recommend (from Brembana or others) for higher-end shirting?
Also, would you agree this fabric would make an excellent double-breasted jacket? Any other hidden gems you might recommend for a DB Jacket?
All our Brembana fabrics are excellent, very high quality. The Monti ones are good too, but, Brembana excels.

The 3 you chose are my favorite weaves as well. Twill, Hampton, Royal being my order of preference.

For the DB jacket, we do have a lot to choose from.
I do wear a jacket in this fabric and love it.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
are there any others you'd recommend (from Brembana or others) for higher-end shirting?

For what it's worth, I have the white sky blue you mention as well as both the white and blue hampton twills. If you like the one, you'll like the hampton twills IMO. They're not the same of course, but similar weight and excellent quality.

The weave on the twill has enough texture that both shirts work great on their own or under jackets. Excellent, especially for the price.

I bought backups of all three.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Canclini Machu Picchu Pique is probably the best available. Perfectly crafted as Polos by us.

1665728240709.png

1665728458070.png

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On the street, one does not come across many people wearing cords.

They do not know what they are missing.

1665728656725.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads