• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

marchello

Reaction score
Ugh...right before reading this, I just ordered the Ecru Undyed Heavy Twill Jeans as my very first Luxire order ever. Did they shrink all over or just in length? I did give myself an extra 2" in the inseam, but didn't size up elsewhere.

Also, did you put them in the dryer?

I've had a few go-arounds with various online MTM, with some great experiences and definitely some bricked purchases. I hope these ecru jeans aren't a total fail.

Any update on these trousers? Curious how they turned out after the first wash...

ajay199127

Reaction score
Luxire does something incredible that not many may be willing to do as promptly as them.

I have purchased 4 times, and every purchase has the previous purchase sent to them for alterations, which they ship with the new order and new measurements to save on the shipping cost.

Why the returns? Because I evolved from wearing a tapered fit to a relaxed tapered fit with a wider hem.

And they have always happily obliged to implement the new size guide on the new commission and alter the previous ones.

I am very excited to receive the most recent purchase with the new silhouette.

On a side now, just like for shoes, it’s exciting to learn that fit and feel varies even if the measurements are the same based on the weight of fabric And construction style.

To summarize, if you are unhappy with your commission, even if it's because of your measurement implementation, ship it back, and consult with them. They will alter it for free, and you'd have to cover the shipping cost, but if you buy new items, the alteration and re-shipping are free.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Luxire does something incredible that not many may be willing to do as promptly as them.

I have purchased 4 times, and every purchase has the previous purchase sent to them for alterations, which they ship with the new order and new measurements to save on the shipping cost.

Why the returns? Because I evolved from wearing a tapered fit to a relaxed tapered fit with a wider hem.

And they have always happily obliged to implement the new size guide on the new commission and alter the previous ones.

I am very excited to receive the most recent purchase with the new silhouette.

On a side now, just like for shoes, it’s exciting to learn that fit and feel varies even if the measurements are the same based on the weight of fabric And construction style.

To summarize, if you are unhappy with your commission, even if it's because of your measurement implementation, ship it back, and consult with them. They will alter it for free, and you'd have to cover the shipping cost, but if you buy new items, the alteration and re-shipping are free.
You misunderstood. I am satisfied and the pants are perfectly wearable. I wanted to highlight that measurement implementation is complex and might lead to introduction of new problems. I will definitely keep buying new stuff and the consulting is really great. Seema. S has helped me alot and I get to learn about fit. I do realize what I wrote in the beginning could have been interpreted as something harsh so I edited it. My apologies in that case.

Last edited:

ajay199127

Reaction score
You misunderstood. I am satisfied and the pants are perfectly wearable. I wanted to highlight that measurement implementation is complex and might lead to introduction of new problems. I will definitely keep buying new stuff and the consulting is really great. Seema. S has helped me alot and I get to learn about fit. I do realize what I wrote in the beginning could have been interpreted as something harsh so I edited it. My apologies in that case.

Oh, not at all, I wasn't quoting anyone here, just sharing my experience.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score
Newest attempt at a trouser fit through luxire. Still not where it needs to be but we are making incremental progress. Wondering if the back is a combination of back rise, seat and thigh issues. Emailed luxire to see what they say but ideas appreciated View attachment 1830759 View attachment 1830760 View attachment 1830761 View attachment 1830762

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Any update on these trousers? Curious how they turned out after the first wash...

they turned out terrific with zero shrink in the wash and just a little shrink when I intentionally tried to shrink them with 2 cycles in a dryer on the hottest setting (it was my first order and the measurements I decided to use were a bit too large - not luxires fault)
See my detailed post w a couple pics at post # 37,119 on page 2475 of this luxire thread

GetStraight

Reaction score
Dear Luxire,

When ordering dress shirts, is it possible to request a felled seamed finish on the arm and torso seams? I find that the ones I've last ordered were too slim.

Thank you, GetStraight

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Luxire,

When ordering dress shirts, is it possible to request a felled seamed finish on the arm and torso seams? I find that the ones I've last ordered were too slim.

Thank you, GetStraight
Can be done on request for a small additional fee.

hysteria

Reaction score

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking generically, different cloths fall and stretch differently (even those of the same type and weight). From an initial to moderate glance, most of the trousers above look great to me. Some issues may even be improved via pressing.

If you really want a 100% perfect garment, I'd ask Luxire to quote for an additional baste fitting in the final cloth. Second best, ask for one pattern for 6-8 oz cottons and one for 12+ oz flannels.
I'd second that, it's very hard to get a consistent fit if you're adjusting between different fabrics every time. Not that it can't be done of course, but working off of a flannel, into a cotton will or linen is hard because they just naturally fit and drape differently.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to request a straight waistband to reduce the rear rise balance and shift it forward. From your profile, I can tell you have a slight forward hip tilt. A straight waistband will fix the fabric collapsing under your seat. Check out this diagram I made for another maker.

DSCF2562.JPG

Newest attempt at a trouser fit through luxire. Still not where it needs to be but we are making incremental progress. Wondering if the back is a combination of back rise, seat and thigh issues. Emailed luxire to see what they say but ideas appreciated View attachment 1830759 View attachment 1830760 View attachment 1830761 View attachment 1830762

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You need to request a straight waistband to reduce the rear rise balance and shift it forward. From your profile, I can tell you have a slight forward hip tilt. A straight waistband will fix the fabric collapsing under your seat. Check out this diagram I made for another maker.

View attachment 1832575
Our standard is straight waistband and all patterns since the last 18 months or so have straight waistband.
Now, only people with (lower front rise ) or curved waistband who have an old pattern which they are repeating without changes or people with specific requests in this regard.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
A point worth mentioning, the required waistband angle/shape of the "U" may differ based on posture with/without shoes.

The impact for most men will be less than ladies due to the higher ladies heels, but I do so fit pics in this thread in socks.

ansetou

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered shoes from Luxire? I believe they have been selling it for maybe 2 years by now and I still can't find any pictures and reviews on this forum. The price looks reasonable enough if quality is good so I'm very interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads