• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Lots of those look fantastic. I'm about to put in an order for some other things; is it possible to order swatches for some of the fabrics listed here?
Yes, swatches can be added. These are all in-house and available as 3-day service.

catsup

Reaction score
Has anyone had any sucess getting refunds (or even partial credits) from Luxire?

A pair of trousers I recieved recently came out too small around the waist, noticably smaller than the other pair in the order.

After several rounds back and forth sending photos to their customer service they've said that it's within the accepted tolerance (I disagree obviously) and the best they can do is alter them, which after the cost of shipping the trousers back and forth is really not worth the hassle (the results of letting out cotton trousers being pretty average anyway).

I like Luxire and have bought a lot of trousers from them and would like to buy more but now I'm wondering if this is just the reality of the service like most online MTM where I'll have to eat the cost and accept that occasionally the results just aren't going to be great?

boot_owl

Reaction score
Has anyone had any sucess getting refunds (or even partial credits) from Luxire?

A pair of trousers I recieved recently came out too small around the waist, noticably smaller than the other pair in the order.

After several rounds back and forth sending photos to their customer service they've said that it's within the accepted tolerance (I disagree obviously) and the best they can do is alter them, which after the cost of shipping the trousers back and forth is really not worth the hassle (the results of letting out cotton trousers being pretty average anyway).

I like Luxire and have bought a lot of trousers from them and would like to buy more but now I'm wondering if this is just the reality of the service like most online MTM where I'll have to eat the cost and accept that occasionally the results just aren't going to be great?

How much did the measurement differ? I don't think we can offer any fair suggestions without know how outside spec this was. Even better with pictures.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As indicated earlier, hard to say without knowing the specifics but I’ve always found them to be fair (but haven’t had measurement issues, just some around fabric)

catsup

Reaction score
As indicated earlier, hard to say without knowing the specifics but I’ve always found them to be fair (but haven’t had measurement issues, just some around fabric)
Sorry is was ~1 inch, but luxire claim it's only 1/8 inch. Having developed the measurements for my order over time following recommendations from luxire based on photos I emailed them I don't know at this point what they have written down as my measurements, I can only go by the comparing these trousers to previous orders. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but every other pair has been pretty much identical. Of course I can have them altered locally which would be probably be faster and cheaper anyway, I'd just like to avoid spending more.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Sorry is was ~1 inch, but luxire claim it's only 1/8 inch. Having developed the measurements for my order over time following recommendations from luxire based on photos I emailed them I don't know at this point what they have written down as my measurements, I can only go by the comparing these trousers to previous orders. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but every other pair has been pretty much identical. Of course I can have them altered locally which would be probably be faster and cheaper anyway, I'd just like to avoid spending more.

Why don't you post a photo of the new pair of trousers on top of the older pair, so we have a better idea what it looks like? 1 inch should be pretty noticeable

mr_igloo

Reaction score
How accurate are the results when sending in a pair of trousers for Luxire to copy the fit of? I find that there are probably a lot of nuances in the fit that are not registered when you measure your pants yourself, so I wonder if Luxire creates a more detailed fit profile with this option.

rsg17

Reaction score
How accurate are the results when sending in a pair of trousers for Luxire to copy the fit of?

I had sent a pair of bespoke trousers for replication and every pair I've ordered (and I've ordered a lot from Luxire) was very close to my original pair. In fact, I wouldn't be able to tell where there were differences in the measurements.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How accurate are the results when sending in a pair of trousers for Luxire to copy the fit of? I find that there are probably a lot of nuances in the fit that are not registered when you measure your pants yourself, so I wonder if Luxire creates a more detailed fit profile with this option.
My understanding is that Luxire actually creates a pattern from the trousers you send in, which captures much more information than measurements can convey.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once tried to perfect my fit by providing measurements, sending in pictures of the trousers upon receiving, adjusting measurements, getting new pairs, readjusting etc etc. I gave up after several pairs. I just sent a pair of bespoke to be replicated and couldn't be happier with the decision.

If you want to replicate a fit, you better send them the trousers to reproduce instead of trying to measure yourself. Their tailors know what to look for in a a pair of trousers and will make a pattern or blueprint based on the trousers you send.

mr_igloo

Reaction score
My understanding is that Luxire actually creates a pattern from the trousers you send in, which captures much more information than measurements can convey.

Thanks!

I once tried to perfect my fit by providing measurements, sending in pictures of the trousers upon receiving, adjusting measurements, getting new pairs, readjusting etc etc. I gave up after several pairs. I just sent a pair of bespoke to be replicated and couldn't be happier with the decision.

My reason for asking is exactly the same. The only pants I've had good results with are the jeans I've ordered, and I guess the reason for that is because the pattern for jeans are more or less the same across different brands.
With trousers, subtle differences like the positioning of the seam or shape of the crotch can make measuring your own perfectly-fitting pair almost pointless.

GetStraight

Reaction score
Good Day @luxire ,

I've been having trouble locating off-white/white wool and or moleskin trousers (winter weight preferably) on the website. Will you be having a restock on these anytime soon? Or if so, some links here would be great!

Thank you, GetStraight

Kobletas

Reaction score

jayvee

Reaction score
US Navy style peacoats, in water-proof, 100% wool, 24 Oz and 30 Oz, in Navy, Black, tan and grey herringbone.

Ready-to-wear. Coming this week.

Unbeatable price: $299

sounds great ? post the link when it’s ready please. The peacoat page is a bit confusing as there are so many different styles of peacoat in the photos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads