• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get the details on this collar? Specifically, I'm looking to know if it's lined or unlined and fused or unfused. I'm wanting to order a couple for casual/smart casual wear. Thanks!

Softly lined, unfused. I guess Luxire will have any further details.

dukeaw

Reaction score
Style question for @luxire or anyone else?

I ordered and received all my shirts (~10+ shirts) with the English collar. I only now notice that they all have 2" collar back height. These replaced my older shirts from another maker/OTR that had 1 and 1/2" collar back height.

I'm not against the higher collars, but it was something I didn't consider. I just need to figure out how to wear them.

I'm working with my local tailor on a new suit. How much shirt collar is advised to show above the suit collar with a collar back height at 2"? My tailor measured and now I show about 7/8" of shirt collar with my Luxire collars. I'm trying to decide if I raise the collar of my suit by 1/4" or leave the almost full inch of collar showing...

Thoughts or guidance?...

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. your shirt sleeves need to be longer. If the cuffs are the right size there should be excess fabric in the sleeve so they wont pull when you move your arms. They should rest just slightly above the notch of your thumb when unbuttoned.

2. I'd recommend darts on back of shirt for cleaner drape on back.

3. As luxire about shoulder slope. I think it may be off slightly.

4. This is my opinion but your pants are too tight. There is no drape. It should be a clean line that drapes from your waist to your shoe. Try more room in thigh and a bit more in knee. I know you said your style is slimmer, but timeless tailoring is about proper fit, which involves hanging and drape of clothes, not hugging of clothes. I'd recommend trying it before you say it isnt your style. I used to wear super slim a few years ago until a local tailor defied my request and made items for me and I never looked back. If you're going for fashion then your tight is fine and its your prerogative.

5. Your seat is too tight which is why the pockets flair. Increase half hips measure. This is not a style vs fashion comment since this is a fit correction.

6. regarding bunching under the seat, you need to either adjust the angle of the front/rear rise or reduce rear rise. Luxire can give you proper answer for this.

Luxire's recommendation was:
- We should lower the crotch point by 0.5"
- increase the hip width at the rear center seam by 0.25"
- and remove 0.5" horizontally from the back panel, just under the seat.

Does lowering the crotch point mean increasing the rise? I agree with the hip width, and think even more than 0.25" is needed.

Not sure what removing the 0.5" horizontally from the back panel, under the seat, would accomplish. It's already tight under there?

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
Two questions:

1. Is there a collar between NOBD II and Italian collar in size? How would one change the size of a collar "overall"? I quite like both, but NOBD II is a tad too small for my liking and Italian collar too large...

2. Which color should I dye the "cream" trial pants I just received? They're not so much cream as they are a horrendous, glossy mix of mustard and gold which I will not be able to wear ever. Serves me right for picking trial pants. :box:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Is there a collar between NOBD II and Italian collar in size? How would one change the size of a collar "overall"? I quite like both, but NOBD II is a tad too small for my liking and Italian collar too large...

My default collar style is a modified NOBDII collar. Below are my original order details from 4 years ago:

NOBDII collar with following changes:
-Increase Collar Band Height by 0.25” (from 1.5” to 1.75”)
-Increase Collar Points by 0.25” (from 3.5” to 3.75”)

SolaroFall-2.jpg

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
My default collar style is a modified NOBDII collar. Below are my original order details from 4 years ago:

View attachment 1330341
Just what I was looking for! Thanks a lot.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks very nice! Would you be able to provide an order number for that collar? I just may have to try it out.

Fraussie

Reaction score

View attachment 1330341

very nice - do you happen to have a photo without jacket and with collar opened (no tie)?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very nice - do you happen to have a photo without jacket and with collar opened (no tie)?

Yes. You can search this thread for photos i've posted in the past.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VBC: Stone Covert Wool has arrived from Black Friday straight out of the box. Included some cool macro shots showcasing the tight weave pattern.

Bonus shot for @Fraussie - My modified NOBD II collar sans a jacket. Fabric is Sky Blue Oxford

VBC_Covert_Stone-1.jpg
VBC_Covert_Stone-5.jpg
VBC_Covert_Stone-4.jpg
VBC_Covert_Stone-3.jpg

MrBokito

Reaction score

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads