• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ellsbebc

Reaction score
@daDudeson you are not the first to comment on the shallow pleats, and I agree. @Henry Carter suffered the same safe and posted a pic of Vox's trousers as an example.

moopband

Reaction score
Do you think the navy twill chino is okay for a job where it's somewhere between business casual and business formal?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@daDudeson you are not the first to comment on the shallow pleats, and I agree. @Henry Carter suffered the same safe and posted a pic of Vox's trousers as an example.

Yes I did, I haven't ordered another pair as yet but when I do I'll be requesting a deeper pleat. It feels like the same pattern is used as a flat front but a small pleat is added, which is not the best way to do it. I did invite @luxire to comment at the time but they haven't thus far, perhaps it got lost in the thread. But now we are talking about it Luxire and it's affecting multiple customers can you make some comment on this?

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it just the picture or me, but the knees look like they are are little low on the legs. I have the same problem with my pants from Luxire and I am not sure how to solve this.
Could anyone contribute with some helpful tips to get the knees in the right place?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue Summer chambray

zengy

Reaction score
I think you might be misunderstanding me. I don't mean the difference between your chest and waist body measurements. Of course that varies enormously from person to person. I mean the difference between the shirt's chest circumference (in the OP's case, 40") and his actual chest body measurement (37") which is 3". Did you follow the link that I posted?
Sorry, me reading to fast – or not reading, I guess.

daDudeson

Reaction score
Thank you for all the comments :)

@Monkeyface that's basically what I did the first time. I took the navy chinos to my local seamstress, had her pin them and take the photographs an then sent them to Theresa. Unfortunately doing more alterations than just tightening the waist and trimming the fabric down along the rear seam would have cost more than a new set of trousers.
How does or would one adjust the curve? I suppose the curve is more of an issue if one has a more prominent buttocks. Still I do own trousers that follow that curve better and have less wrinkles there.
The leg opening on the navy chinos is 19.5cm and on the brown canvas is 19cm, I might specify 20cm on the next pair. That's about the widest any of my trousers are at the ankles except for a few.

@ellsbebc thank you for including Henry Carter

@Henry Carter As previously mentioned, I am not really familiar with pleats. How deep are pleats usually supposed to be? My Luxire pleats are 18mm/ 0.7" deep, which I would have thought to be ample. Perhaps the issue in my case has to do with the very thick canvas fabric that just won't lie flat as it should. I'll know more once I have the bottom wrinkle issue sorted out and a new pair ordered in a lighter fabric.
Still it would be interesting to hear @luxire 's thoughts on this and also yours, should you be ordering a new pair of trousers shortly.

@moopband Like I said, I'm not sure wether it's the navy summer light or the navy twill chino. But the twill is rather smooth to the touch, unlike some swatches I have, where the twill structure is very visible. I'm not quite sure what your dress code is. But I'd say they're suitable anywhere where you can where regular khakis with an open OCBD and a jacket.

@Dingusberry I don't think the knees have anything to do with Luxire specifically. This is a problem I have with pretty much all cotton trousers I wear and can also be observed in my WAYWRN posts. I think my big thighs just tend to stretch out the knee area on slim cut cotton trousers when I'm sitting/ driving/ squatting to tie my laces and this results in wrinkles just below the knees when I'm standing. (they are not really visible if I put on a freshly washed and pressed pair of chinos - until I sit down. And with wool suit trousers I don't really have this problem at all)

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Henry Carter how tall is that collar band? very italian of you, but it looks too high for that suit.

shirt fabric looks beautiful

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Henry Carter
 how tall is that collar band? very italian of you, but it looks too high for that suit.

shirt fabric looks beautiful

Not sure but it's pretty high, I am 6"2 though with a long neck. Unfortunately I can't afford bespoke suits with higher collars, but I can afford Luxire shirts. Has to be a compromise somewhere unfortunately at my height.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for all the comments :)

@Henry Carter
 As previously mentioned, I am not really familiar with pleats. How deep are pleats usually supposed to be? My Luxire pleats are 18mm/ 0.7" deep, which I would have thought to be ample. Perhaps the issue in my case has to do with the very thick canvas fabric that just won't lie flat as it should. I'll know more once I have the bottom wrinkle issue sorted out and a new pair ordered in a lighter fabric.
Still it would be interesting to hear @luxire
 's thoughts on this and also yours, should you be ordering a new pair of trousers shortly.
I don't think there a measurement you could say that is definite, but they should be deeper and longer than they currently are. I saw a similar issue on others trousers with pleats posted over the last few months too. I'll measure a pair of non luxire trousers with pleats that have a sharp pleat that sits perfectly flat tonight or tomorrow.

ellsbebc

Reaction score
I just measured a pair of Pal Zileri suit trousers I adore and the pleat is 20mm deep (stuck measuring tape under pleat where it meets waistband). That is not significantly larger than @daDudeson quotes, so the pleat length may be the greater concern. Unfortunately, I do not think there is a systematic way to measure pleat length to ensure comparisons are accurate. Trying to measure them from where bottom of pleat disappears and becomes standard trouser crease to top of the pleat measures in around 14-15cm.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't incresing the thigh measurements when adding pleats results in them being longer and not opening as fast?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads