• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Garasaki

Reaction score
In my experience "shirt penis" is best corrected/avoided by wearing pants with a higher rise. It's happening because the shirt is working its way our of your pants. Heavier fabrics will help too, but for the most part I find my shirts look goofy tucked into pants with <10" rise.

I see what you are saying.

However, an observation I have, is that I am currently wearing that pictured outfit with the shirt untucked and the same thing happens (in the same place even). So I'm not sure I am convinced the fault lies with the pants/trousers. Although the shirt does "sit" on my lap, thus constraining the movement of the front half of the bottom of my shirt, the same way pants would.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Higher rise pants wont fix the underlying issue but it can be less noticeable with them.

I would try the other members suggestion of widening the hip measurement as if the shirt can't drape properly then its going to bunch up.

That being said here is another alternative:

BTW, there was discussion a few weeks ago, about getting rid of billowing of the lower placket when seat. Well I had Luxire add two snap buttons between the last 3 normal buttons and it totally works. That said, with this chambray fabric, I can see the shape of snap buttons and the sew points slightly. Not an issue for this shirt as they accidentally gave me covered placket and probably not an issue with thicker fabrics as well.

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
That, in my opinion, is not something that is fixed. If you hunch over, your stomach is going to pop out more, just as it's going to be straighter when you stand up straight. Your body's length is changing depending on your position whereas your shirt is static. The fabric has no where to go as your body contracts. You can reduce the appearance by width there though. From what I see based on the side images, it seems like you have excess fabric.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my experience "shirt penis" is best corrected/avoided by wearing pants with a higher rise. It's happening because the shirt is working its way our of your pants. Heavier fabrics will help too, but for the most part I find my shirts look goofy tucked into pants with <10" rise.

Correct demondo!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone tried the apple fresco cotton for pants? I was thinking of placing an order for my first Luxire pants in this fabric.

http://luxire.com/collections/pants-sorted-by-price/products/sr_203_apple-fresco-cotton

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It seems like an almost ideal fabric for SS pants (the light green colour should be able to match with lots of stuff in my wardrobe), but I had hoped someone had a pair of pants they could post pics of. I might just order them anyway.

zeBanker

Reaction score
Luxire, I didn't find it online yet: how does it work to send in own cloth for making pants and what would it cost?

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Is it normal to not receive any verification/notification of an order? I placed mine on 7 March and while Paypal confirms the charge, I haven't gotten any message from Luxire. The website just says my order is unfulfilled.

chuckb

Reaction score
They charge when they start work, and then you get a notification once it ships. That's been my experience on my orders at any rate. It seems to be around a week from starting work to getting the shipment notification generally.

Garasaki

Reaction score
Recently, they charge when the order is placed, not when the work starts.

I always get an order confirmation email, but I don't hear again until they ship the product.

BTW checking more often dosen't seem to get the product made any faster.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics