• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If your white balance and my display are not totally off, my swatch of the Brembana Navy Chambray looks quite different to your pictures. Either the swatch is too small to get a idea of the color at a bigger surface, the color switched from batch to batch? The color of my swatch leans much more to a darker bluish-grey than your shirt. At first I thought I've got a second swatch of the "Blue Denim Slubby Chambray", but the Blue Slubby feels lighter and thinner.

Great color and many thanks for the pictures.

It's hard to get colours right... Does this one from yesterday look more like your swatch?

39cmjnW.jpg

It's probably somewhere in between this picture and the sweater pictures : )

what sweater is that? :embar:

Scaglione air jumper.

Turner

Reaction score
It's hard to get colours right... Does this one from yesterday look more like your swatch?

39cmjnW.jpg

Scaglione air jumper.
My swatch is more grayish, the luminance of your picture seems right. Posted a picture of it along some swatches a while ago, the Brembana is bottom right. It resembles the color quite accurate.

The Scaglione sweater is from Frans Boone?

terra firma

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much the flannels shrink over time? I'm just trying to figure out how much I need to compensate for shrinkage.

I know Luxire and every other site say that their fabrics don't shrink but I've never found that to be totally true :)

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone know how much the flannels shrink over time? I'm just trying to figure out how much I need to compensate for shrinkage.

I know Luxire and every other site say that their fabrics don't shrink but I've never found that to be totally true :)

None of my Luxire shirts have had any appreciable shrinkable, including the one flannel.

NickInTO

Reaction score
I'm ready to take the plunge and order my first MTM Luxire shirts. I plan on going with the English spread collar. What do you recommend for the back - pleat, side pleats, etc. Also, I want to start with the lower priced options ($59.99) until I get my measurements figured out. Any recommendations for the 2 most versatile options?

bik2101

Reaction score

None of my Luxire shirts have had any appreciable shrinkable, including the one flannel.
^same here

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I'm ready to take the plunge and order my first MTM Luxire shirts. I plan on going with the English spread collar. What do you recommend for the back - pleat, side pleats, etc. Also, I want to start with the lower priced options ($59.99) until I get my measurements figured out. Any recommendations for the 2 most versatile options?

No pleats.

Sky Blue Hairline Stripes and Small Graph Blue Checks are great shirts for $60. If you want stripes, the Blue University Stripes for $70 is also good.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd get a regular white shirt as your first shirt since it's your first. Personally all my MTM shirts have a plain back, some folks like the darks because it has a tapered look.

terra firma

Reaction score

39cmjnW.jpg

Scaglione air jumper.

Also my god that Chambray is gorgeous. Once I figure out what went wrong with my last order and the measurements, I'm getting that ASAP.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NOBD what do you think of the http://luxire.com/products/navy-linen-chambray?

How close in color is it to the Chambray you have above? (Possibly a comparison picture, if you happen to have the free time?) I think I remember you having the swatch...

Thanks!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That chambray is beautiful, but I can't bring myself to buy a dark shirt like that, can't wear with suit//formally. Much more casual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads