• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Blastwice

Reaction score
A photo for you

image_6716467355.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire did you remove this page from your website or am I just blind? Just trying to see how to potentially fix the pants I received for my future orders.
It got "misplaced" when the new site design got released.

We are working on a new page with more detailed information.

ajay199127

Reaction score
I'm going to make a suggestion here as well.

Summer: VBC 4ply or Minnis Fresco in the heavy 435gm cloth. Drapes like steel and holds a crease like crazy. No wrinkling either.

Winter: VBC covert twill or VBC 340-360gm flannel. Both drape like a dream and hold the crease without wrinkling.

If you're looking for a more formal worsted suit fabric for year round use, check Minnis Crown Classic bunch book. Their twill fabrics are excellent for that purpose. Good drape, minimal wrinkling and holds a crease well.

What is your take on Mohair blends? They add a little sheen, but do they drape well?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is your take on Mohair blends? They add a little sheen, but do they drape well?
I have no mohair blends, so I'm unable to express an opinion based on experience.

Mohair blend is not anything that has csught my interest in the past though. I've always found other fabrics, such as some of the ones suggested in my prior post more interesting. But I'm happy to revise my opinion. One can't have to many suits.

Blastwice

Reaction score
I had some mohair/wool blend pants in the past that had a very very soft hand.

My take on suits/suiting by Luxire:

Dugdale Fine Worsted - Vivid colors, warmer than you think, nice mid-weight wool (though certainly there are many)
VBC Flannel - heavier weight, very warm, flannel wool, VBC so you know what you're getting
Drago Super 130s Rugby Flannel - very nice wool, you can see the drape on my Noragi, it's stain/water resistant due to the weave as I understand it; very warm, but s130s so very thin and luxurious
VBC Wool-linen - beautiful blend with a unique hand, very warm for the weight despite the high linen content
Modrone 6-Wale Cotton/Cash Corduroy - you know if you want a corduroy suit, here's a suggestion if you do
VBC 4 Ply - I don't have a suit in this yet, but I do have a casual jacket, and several pairs of pants; it's a breathable, beautiful woolen that seemingly defies wrinkles completely. This is the fabric I use for air travel pants, looks sharp under any conditions and keeps you warm in the plane.

There are many other great fabrics Luxire stocks that can be made up as suits, so don't limit yourself. The Minnis heavy flannel swatches they shared a few pages back were also really great.

But also? Go with the VBC 4ply.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dugdale Fine Worsted - Vivid colors, warmer than you think, nice mid-weight wool (though certainly there are many)
VBC Flannel - heavier weight, very warm, flannel wool, VBC so you know what you're getting
Drago Super 130s Rugby Flannel - very nice wool, you can see the drape on my Noragi, it's stain/water resistant due to the weave as I understand it; very warm, but s130s so very thin and luxurious
VBC Wool-linen - beautiful blend with a unique hand, very warm for the weight despite the high linen content
Modrone 6-Wale Cotton/Cash Corduroy - you know if you want a corduroy suit, here's a suggestion if you do
VBC 4 Ply - I don't have a suit in this yet, but I do have a casual jacket, and several pairs of pants; it's a breathable, beautiful woolen that seemingly defies wrinkles completely. This is the fabric I use for air travel pants, looks sharp under any conditions and keeps you warm in the plane.

There are many other great fabrics Luxire stocks that can be made up as suits, so don't limit yourself. The Minnis heavy flannel swatches they shared a few pages back were also really great.

A couple of inputs:

- The heavy Dugdale twill flannels in particular are fantastic. Probably my favourite repair of trousers.

- The VBC 340-360g flannels are a very interesting fabric. They're not woolen nor worsted. They're a hybrid. They have the benefit of looking like classic woolen flannels with the colour variations, yet they don't sag and keep their shape/crease like a true worsted fabric. This gives them a better durability than classic woolen flannels. I definitely prefer them to the highly acclaimed Minnis flannels based on that.

- When customers choose between heavy breathable high twist fabrics, it's often either the VBC 4ply or the heavy 435g Minnis Fresco. I have suits in both and love them both. But if I had to choose, I'd vote for the fresco. They're both heavy. VBC 4ply is more porous and softer. Imo, it has a more casual look to it. The Minnis fresco is dryer to the hand, smoother and has an amazing ability to hold its shape. I could almost stand the trousers and they'd be able to stand on their own.

Jusr my 2c.

Dan Dynamic

Reaction score

How much would it cost to commision a jacket formed by a fabric not being listed as a suit/jacket alternative?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt