• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I messaged customer service asking about shrinkage (
I was confused if the shrinkage in the hips and waist were in half measurements, or in the whole measurements) . They never mentioned that they are prewashed, and just answered that the shrinkage of 0.5 inch was off the total waist and off the total hip.

I'll have to confirm again with them to see if that's the case now that you've mentioned that.
They offered the prewashing for me as an additional pain. There was no extra cost for that. Basically, my previous order needed a couple adjustments and I was concerned about how much shrinkage would do to those adjustments.

BRoy_Sad

Reaction score
They offered the prewashing for me as an additional pain. There was no extra cost for that. Basically, my previous order needed a couple adjustments and I was concerned about how much shrinkage would do to those adjustments.
When I put in an order for some denim, I'll see if that option will be available for me as well. I'd rather not have to adjust in order to compensate for shrinkage, since I have my desired fit/measurements already established.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I put in an order for some denim, I'll see if that option will be available for me as well. I'd rather not have to adjust in order to compensate for shrinkage, since I have my desired fit/measurements already established.
I emailed to get it

bik2101

Reaction score
Just put it in your notes. Prewash to take care of any possible shrinkage.
Ive done it on all my denim orders .And all came exactly as measured and had no shrinkage

BRoy_Sad

Reaction score
Ive done it on all my denim orders .And all came exactly as measured and had no shrinkage
Awesome, glad to know that it's possible. I'll definitely do that on my denim order

henaal

Reaction score
How does the prewashing affect the look and feel (and possibly fading) of their raw denim? Any experience?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a new pair of pants from luxire, and am unsure if this type of stitching is the norm, or if it looks a bit sloppy?

IMG_3788.jpg

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a new pair of pants from luxire, and am unsure if this type of stitching is the norm, or if it looks a bit sloppy?

View attachment 1102888
I got the similar issue on one of my trousers last year and had to take it to the tailor to get it fixed. I also highlighted this to Luxire and haven't seen this issue since

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The stitch needs to be taken out and redone more carefully to take smaller bites of the fabric. TBH it is not at all difficult to learn how to do yourself. The first time I did it, it took me about 30 minutes for a pair of trousers. I used a 'catch stitch' as shown here.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange, have you noticed that on several luxire pants? I don’t like that..

What did the fix cost?

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dugdale Stone Grey Houndstooth Pant

* Front Inverted Pleats
* Jetted Front Pocket
* Buttoned Fly
* Botton with Extra-Long Square Front Closure
* Waistband: Plain Waistband, No Belt Loop, No Adjuster
* Two Rear Pocket with Triangle flap
* No Lining
* Cuff with button
* Tan Double Shades Horn Button

#30642_1.jpg

#30642_2.jpg

#30642_3.jpg

#30642_6.jpg

#30642_7.jpg

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I got a response in 25 hours to my email query on when my BF order will be ready. (One of the shirts is a bit fiddly and is a remake at Luxire's cost, so I was not expecting it imminently). I was told two weeks, which is fine with me in the circumstances. That's a more than good response time.

bik2101

Reaction score
Guess I'm not as lucky as others with production time or email response.. finally got a response that an order for one pair of pants now going on about 2 weeks will take another 2 weeks.. keeping in mind this is not a new pattern, just a simple copy of pre-existing order

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.