• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
Best fabric for unstructured cotton navy odd jacket?

Brisbane Moss navy canvas

Brisbane Moss navy blue twill

Brisbane Moss navy cotton cavalry twill

Brisbane Moss dark navy twill
I think I'm leaning toward the navy canvas right now.
Prob. the best choice imo. I'd go w/ whichever has the most noticable texture.
Looks decent, what lining did you specify, looks to be quite substantial.
Hate to be pedantic, but... I'm going to be anyway, since this and the next few posts by others confused me. (I was thinking, "Wow, is that shirt lined?") The fabric inside a collar and collar band is more appropriately called "interlining" or I think "interfacing." Here's a great old thread about collar interlining possibilities.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks JHT. They're just Toms with the labels removed, "black ikat" model iirc. (I'm not convinced buying Toms is a good way to give to others, but I think their slip-ons make good warm weather travel shoes.)

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@emptym

Those linen pants look great. Question - do you change measurements on casual pants like these when compared to dress trousers or business casual stuff? All my linen pants are worn biz cas at work, with a crease and cuffs on the hems. I'd like to get some casual linen pants to wear with no crease and no cuffs, something that could even be worn with sneakers, but I'm not sure if I'd need to adjust any measurements significantly or not. I might just need to try it and see how it turns out.

Edit - and I did order that Brisbane Moss navy canvas jacket, it looked like it did have the best texture for a causal blazer. Although at my job it's still dressier than what most people wear, so I can get away with wearing it with a tie to board meetings in the summer.

Last edited:

scrolls

Reaction score
Received my test pair of boots last week. When I first put them on they were super tight but I forced myself to wear them out and they quickly got more comfortable. I'm making a few minor measurement changes and tapering/lengthening the toe box for the next iteration. Below are two quick pictures comparing the Luxire boots (tan) to C&J Tetburys which is what they were modeled off of. I don't think Luxire quite got the sleek last that I asked for but hopefully the next one nails it. In retrospect I'm quite happy this pair is more rounded as they look good with jeans and will make great beater boots.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish there was a 'casual shirt' tag where you could find all the wabash/denim shirts, the wilder patterned shirts, etc

emptym

Reaction score
^Those look great @scrolls. Fwiw, I like the Luxire toe shape a lot better though, at least from the pics. That C&J last has always seemed too pointy on my foot. No idea about yours though. Maybe something in the middle would be perfect.

Thanks @Beatlegeuse. I only have a couple casual pants. If I'm not in a coat and tie, I'm usually just in jeans, and all my dress pants have single forward pleat and cuffs. But I think these turned out very well. Here's what I requested:
Here's the pic of the sample hem (American Apparel canvas):

I like it because when it's turned up it looks like regular cuffs.

Of course, Luxure went above and beyond, as usual, and attached the hem with a more hidden hand stitch.

The leg measurements are .5-1" slimmer than usual, and the length is about .75" longer. Thinking about my jeans, I figured slim legs would look good with a full break and the extra length would make them only slightly short when rolled up, just enough to catch a breeze -- often helpful for linen pants.

Only thing I'd add is that the 13 oz linen does stretch a fair amount, so I may need to rehem these an inch or so.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads