1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jul 15, 2012.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Any of those shoes my size?

2. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Cheers Spoo .. much appreciated in advance

3. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Great patterns for the Tebas...:lurk:

4. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I have one and find they run slightly big. I'm a 37 chest and took a size 36 in the Tebas. Assuming the ones Spoo has are the same cut as mine, anyway.

The Teba is really nice. IMO, what makes them special is the soft structure inside. Most shirt jackets are basically completely unstructured -- they fit like a shirt. The Tebas have a light fusible in the chest and a very, very thin shoulder pad. Gives the jacket a bit more structure. It's much more flattering than your standard shirt jacket. Probably closer to a lightly structured Italian sport coat than your standard shirt jacket.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  5. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

That's very helpful - thanks DWW!

6. TM79

TM79 Senior member

If this whole writing about clothes thing doesn't pan out, you've got a promising future in sales.

3 people like this.
  7. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

how would this be different than say Boglioli (just the ventless part, but then I guess Eidos Augusto)?

8. jumpman1231

jumpman1231 Senior member

So it sure seems like there is a lot going on in the luxeswap world right now??? Spoo can you give a quick update with expected dates?
    Dads and grads?
    50 NWT Brioni and more
    Teba sale?
    Not to mention all the usual stuff ha.... what am I missing to put in the radar?

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Not a single one!

:cheers:

@dieworkwear +1 if youre looking for side work, HMU.

Dads and Grads suit event starts a week from Thursday. Attolini, Brioni, Kiton, Canali, Zegna, many many more. over 85 suits!
    50+ NWT Brioni and Isaia and more arrive in late this week
    85 Justo Gimeno Teba jackets should arrive tomorrow

Any smaller guys 36ish keep an eye out for this Thursday's auctions, theres tons and tons of stuff in all category, mostly supplied by my long time forum friend @clee1982 in size 36ish

10. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

But are there any 48l, that's the real questions

11. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I'd say they're close cousins. They're similar, but slightly different.

They're similar in the sense that both are softly constructed. No haircloth in the chest, very little padding in the shoulder. Gives both lines a very relaxed and casual feel.

They're different, however, in terms of cut and sensibility.

Boglioli is cut like a traditional suit jacket, just slightly more fashion forward. Slimmer fit; shorter body. Their coats have a contemporary Italian feel.

Tebas aren't cut like suit jackets. They're more of a shirt jacket or painters jacket. The body is slightly boxier and more relaxed. The quarters fall straight down, rather than cut away towards the hips. The sleeves have button cuffs. The back is ventless and, maybe more distinctively, the lapels don't have notches.

I think of Boglioli as that softly constructed, contemporary Italian jacket a guy wears if he likes tailoring, but feels traditional silhouettes are too stuffy. Maybe it's for a more casual office or a night out on the town. Teba is for weekend afternoons or trips out to the country for wine tasting (which is the origins of the jacket, as Count Teba supposedly wore this in the countrysides of Spain when he was drinking wine and hunting quail).

It's definitely a quirky looking jacket. And for everyday purposes, something like Boglioli will be more useful and versatile. That said, for guys who like CM clothing, a Teba is nice in that it's a slightly more causal and interesting take on classic casualwear. Again, I think the biggest advantage here is that it has fusing in the the chest and very, very thin padding across the shoulders (which is rare in shirt jackets because it takes more effort to produce). Most guys, including me, don't look good in completely unstructured shirt jackets, which is why tailored clothing is so helpful. Tebas give you some of the advantages of tailoring while being somewhat casual.

Here's a good example. The jacket on the left isn't Boglioli, it's by a Florentine tailor named Vestrucci. But the general cut is towards that soft Italian tailoring side of things. On the right is a Justo Gimeno Teba. After the first photo are some images of how I think the Teba can be worn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    5 people like this.
  12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

[​IMG]

....and love it long time.

3 people like this.
  13. in stitches

Dieww, that was an outstanding post.

2 people like this.
  14. rc121

rc121 Senior member

[​IMG]

15. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I want a Teba...the hard part is what color/pattern? DWW seems to have some pics of the Spot patterns.

1 person likes this.
  16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

One of each, obviously!

Tracking says they are a few hours away. Im excited.

5 people like this.
  17. in stitches

18. SpooPoker

19. in stitches

20. SpooPoker

oh man these things are nice

1 person likes this.