• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Love greek yogurt....

Quatsch

Reaction score
I've been making yogurt tonight - I just packed two gallons of milk+yogurt into glass jars and put them in coolers with hot water to incubate. I'm using Oikos as my starter culture (for the first time), though I've had good results with any brand I've used. I may just let them go till I get up tomorrow, though I usually let it incubate for 6 hours. Its always so sad when you get all these jars of yogurt out and think "oh I made so much!" and then I strain it and my yield is maybe half the volume of the milk I used.

+1 on the tea towel recommendation.

I think my favorite way to eat it may be with fig jam.

upstarter

Reaction score
I'm Greek and it's incredibly easy to make "Greek" Yogurt. My mom makes it every once in a while, and it's obviously cheaper than FAGE.

Also, FAGE in Greece is super cheap and considered a very average brand. It's hilarious that they've marketed it here as being high end.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Is love greek yogurt anything like greek love yogurt?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would make it all the time and put it into protein shakes.

I would simply line a collender with a paper towel to strain it. If you leave it long enough, the yogurt will be so dense that it completely separates from the paper towel and there is no waste. It also makes a great condiment. I use it on waffles.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quatsch
I've been making yogurt tonight - I just packed two gallons of milk+yogurt into glass jars and put them in coolers with hot water to incubate. I'm using Oikos as my starter culture (for the first time), though I've had good results with any brand I've used. I may just let them go till I get up tomorrow, though I usually let it incubate for 6 hours. Its always so sad when you get all these jars of yogurt out and think "oh I made so much!" and then I strain it and my yield is maybe half the volume of the milk I used.

+1 on the tea towel recommendation.

I think my favorite way to eat it may be with fig jam.

More on this, please.

Stavros

Reaction score
I'm Greek and have always been eating authentic, good quality Greek yogurt. FAGE is the closest to that in the American market, but the full-fat version, not the 2% fat, or even more so the 0% which tastes like crap. Yogurt is naturally a low-calorie, albeit extremely nutritious, meal. Mix it with honey or dried fruit and you have the perfect dessert.

Quatsch

Reaction score
Well its pretty easy but a little time consuming. You start off with milk heating in a pot or pots - the quality of the milk is a key factor - and you heat it to 185 Fahrenheit and hold it there for about half an hour. Then you cool it to around 110, probably a little hotter, and whisk in some store-bought yogurt as a starter culture. 2 tablespoons per gallon of milk is probably sufficient. Pack the milk/yogurt into containers of some sort and find a way to keep it at about 110 degrees for roughly 6 hours. My method is to pack it into large glass jars (which you should sterilize before using) and put those in a cooler and fill the cooler with water thats about 115-120 degrees. You'll have to do some adjusting to the water temperature 4-5 hours in. I usually just take some out, microwave it, and add it back, raising the overall temperature. Its pretty obvious when its done, you should have a small amount of whey separated out at the top of the jar. I don't care for yogurt at that consistency, so I strain mine afterwards.

Edit -I always use 2% milk. I've read that using nonfat milk is somewhat more problematic to get things working properly, though I don't know why.

instyle

Reaction score
Yeah, indeed delicious... Just add some cucumber, garlic and salt'n pepper and you have a great Tzatsiki to dipp fresh vegetables in!

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by instyle
Yeah, indeed delicious... Just add some oil, vinegar, cucumber, garlic and salt'n pepper and you have a great Tzatsiki to dipp fresh vegetables in!

ftfy

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quatsch
Well its pretty easy but a little time consuming. You start off with milk heating in a pot or pots - the quality of the milk is a key factor - and you heat it to 185 Fahrenheit and hold it there for about half an hour. Then you cool it to around 110, probably a little hotter, and whisk in some store-bought yogurt as a starter culture. 2 tablespoons per gallon of milk is probably sufficient. Pack the milk/yogurt into containers of some sort and find a way to keep it at about 110 degrees for roughly 6 hours. My method is to pack it into large glass jars (which you should sterilize before using) and put those in a cooler and fill the cooler with water thats about 115-120 degrees. You'll have to do some adjusting to the water temperature 4-5 hours in. I usually just take some out, microwave it, and add it back, raising the overall temperature. Its pretty obvious when its done, you should have a small amount of whey separated out at the top of the jar. I don't care for yogurt at that consistency, so I strain mine afterwards.

Edit -I always use 2% milk. I've read that using nonfat milk is somewhat more problematic to get things working properly, though I don't know why.

Dammit n00b. This post belongs in SW&D!

Sartorial1

Reaction score
Another fan of Greek yogurt.
I really like the tartness.
Yes, I know this is yogurt,
but Greek yogurt is not "just" yogurt.
It's a nectar of the gods.

I usually eat it at breakfast,
but honestly I could eat it as a dessert.

I mix mine with bananas & berries,
(strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries).
A bit of cerial is another option.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorial1
Another fan of Greek yogurt.
I really like the tartness.
Yes, I know this is yogurt,
but Greek yogurt is not "just" yogurt.
It's a nectar of the gods.

I usually eat it at breakfast,
but honestly I could eat it as a dessert.

I mix mine with bananas & berries,
(strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries).
A bit of cerial is another option.

bigstar[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
put a little cucumber and tomato, and some ground cumin in that ****, you raita ballin

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ love it with diced cucumber + some chopped mint in summer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads