• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louie on FX

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i'm a big fan of louis ck. i've been a huge fan of his standup for years -- as a budding comedian, he's influenced me greatly.

this show is gold. the poker scene was one of the funniest things i've ever seen.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh God, did I laugh last night! Those therapist clips were pure gold!

THERAPIST: Sex isn't complicated, it's simple. A man gets aroused. He puts ********* inside a woman's ******. He ejaculates. And then she dies.

LOUIS: What?? And then she dies?

THERAPIST: No. I was thinking of something else.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"TELL ME HOW OLD YOU ARE!"

el oh el.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that was the wife from the older hbo sitcom louie ck made right? she was really funny (in a wet blanket kinda way) in the latest episode. in the old sitcom she was just depressing.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm tellin' ya guys, if you aren't already watching this show, you must start!

LOUIS: (uncertainly) Well, you smell nice, too.

HOT CHICK: Yes, young ***** always smells good.

LOUIS: Holy ****!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You smell like death, its sexy...

The only letdown is the actual scripted portions. They've been getting better in the last two episodes but the standup's been carrying the show so far.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
New standup is always nice from him. The scripted part and the show itself is pretty terrible. I know he is trying to do somthing different (or just failing miserably at making a sitcom) but i'd rather just a a standup special or him find a gig on an already established show (like maybe always sunny wanted to punch up the show from getting stale so brough him on as a consistent character)

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like the scripted parts. They support/expand on the standup bits nicely (basically, each vignette is an example of his standup). I kind of like the fact that they aren't laugh-a-minute; instead, they have some moments that are serious, contemplative, and even uncomfortable, all of which contribute to the overall idea that originated in each standup bit. Think about it: the standup is hilarious, but it goes over a lot of very serious and uncomfortable ideas, which can contribute to the overall comedy.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The whole airplane thing was pretty hilarious and spot on at times.

lol @ the lube interrogation.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
show is one of the highlights of my week.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
show is one of the highlights of my week.

+1

Just caught up on the last couple of episodes, man I really hope they don't cancel this show.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Louis CK is awesome. Even Lucky Louie on HBO was hilarious, they should have at least gotten a second season out of it. I don't understand the hangups over acting. It must just be me, but I like how they kind of put the story (as limited in scope it may be, but it's a 22 minute show right?) and comedy over the acting. These people are comic performers, they aren't really acting-actor-actors. As long as they deliver the lines, I'm golden. But obviously they aren't going to leave in the cuts where they don't deliver the lines. Still, it's hilarious. Of course I see how this **** 'offends' a ton of people, because there are people who truly don't know how the world works. Louis CK finds the ****** stuff that's TRUE, and twists it in a hilarious, sardonic manner that really makes you realize how these things ARE funny-- as long as you don't have to deal with them...

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last night's episode was kind of uneven, but I still laughed. I thought the ending was hilarious. I still haven't seen last week's...gonna have to do that during lunch today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads