1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Louie on FX

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Dedalus, Jun 30, 2010.

1. po'richsaunders

po'richsaunders Member

Yeah it keeps getting better and better, last night's was hysterical

2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Bobby Kelly (playing Louie's brother) was absolutely perfect. He was hilarious in the beginning scene asking Louie to have the three way and I totally believed his blubbering when his mom wouldn't say she loved him.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Bobby Kelly (playing Louie's brother) was absolutely perfect. He was hilarious in the beginning scene asking Louie to have the three way and I totally believed his blubbering when his mom wouldn't say she loved him.

yup he was almost as sad and pathetic as don draper's secretary after receiving the same kind of brush off.

great acting.

4. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Last night's ep wasn't quite as good as most of the others have been: the standup wasn't that good, and the scripted parts were uneven and a bit unfocused. I did, however, still enjoy watching it -- what show can hit 100 percent? -- and some parts made me laugh my ass off. When the dog changed, I was dying from Louis's expression, and I was cracking up when he was in the coffee shop.

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Last night's ep wasn't quite as good as most of the others have been: the standup wasn't that good, and the scripted parts were uneven and a bit unfocused. I did, however, still enjoy watching it -- what show can hit 100 percent? -- and some parts made me laugh my ass off. When the dog changed, I was dying from Louis's expression, and I was cracking up when he was in the coffee shop.

i was freaked out and embarrassed watching the episode this afternoon (my weird weekday off).. because i was in a bit of a shame spiral myself... i had to do laundry after then went to a corner store and ended up buying some cookies... then went to the shake shack (bought two burgers) ate the burgers and then started on the cookies when i noticed that louie had the same exact fucking shorts as i had on (old nike shorts)....

at least I did something productive (backed up my computers and laundry) but still... i was laughing and depressed at the same time... i'm glad my hipster neighbor didn't offer me a bong hit...

6. Harold falcon

"Why don't you come in, you know, if you're not too busy, wearing those shorts."

I spat up beer.

7. patman657

patman657 New Member

I enjoyed last night's because I thought that it was a little more cohesive with only one story unbroken by stand-up than two stories with stand-up in the middle. That said, Louie's stand-up is really funny, so I guess it's a trade-off.

Some great scenes in last night's episode. Loved the "shitting in Hitler's mouth" scene.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

going to see him on my birthday [​IMG]

9. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Some great scenes in last night's episode. Loved the "shitting in Hitler's mouth" scene.

Yeah, I forgot about that one...which is odd, because that's probably when I laughed the hardest!

going to see him on my birthday [​IMG]

Lucky bastard.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Yea, i was close to getting tickets to see him here (is doing like 4-5 shows) but hard to drop the $75-100

11. Harold falcon

"My mind is telling me you're a great guy. But my chemistry is telling me you're a loser."

Oh that poor bastard.

12. Harold falcon

"I've never beat a guy up and I've never sucked a guy's dick."

13. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

It looks like the new season of Always Sunny is going to start as this one ends. Man, I'm going to miss this show until season 2 [​IMG]

14. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Godammit, I missed it last night! Argh...now I have to wait until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I am ashamed.

15. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

last nights was pretty bad imho

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

last nights was pretty bad imho

i think it was louie re-creating something he did as a kid... maybe he was the toughie ginger bully from south boston terrorizing some couple on a date.

kind of a thing to make amens for past sins.

17. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

South Boston? For some reason I thought he was mexican.

I thought the episode was pleasantly awkward. Made me dislike the 17-26 age bracket a little more.

18. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

He's of Eastern European descent.

19. Dedalus

Dedalus Senior member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louie_CK Louis Szekely was born in Washington, D.C.,[3] the son of Mary and Luis Szekely, an economist.[4] His mother is of Irish Catholic descent and his father, a native of Mexico, is of Mexican Catholic and Hungarian Jewish ancestry.[3][5][6] After spending seven years in Mexico City,[7] Szekely's family moved to Massachusetts—first Framingham and then Newton. His family pronounces their surname, Hungarian-origin Szekely, roughly as [se'-kei], and in his grade-school years he resorted to "C.K." as an easy way to get his name pronounced almost correctly as [si' key].[8]

20. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Huh...for some reason, I thought he was mostly Eastern European. Well, that explains the red hair and complection.