Looking for linen trousers in the UK

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lasbar, Apr 17, 2011.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I need some help buying linen trousers.

Anyone with good tips?

2. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

Harrods now stocks Incotex in the basement menswear area. They have a nice selection of summer weight trousers. I bought myself a pair of cotten/linen blend navy chinos a couple of days ago. Prices mainly between £150-200, with a few pairs of more expensive silk blend trousers.

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Harrods now stocks Incotex in the basement menswear area. They have a nice selection of summer weight trousers. I bought myself a pair of cotten/linen blend navy chinos a couple of days ago. Prices mainly between £150-200, with a few pairs of more expensive silk blend trousers.

Cheers...

Will have a look.

4. Iceball

Iceball Well-Known Member

Ralph Lauren Purple label ones are quite nice, they also make some in hemp that are good too.

5. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

Ralph Lauren Purple label ones are quite nice, they also make some in hemp that are good too.

RLPL is disgustingly expensive in London :/

6. Bananafish

Bananafish Senior member

Can't be all that expensive to have a pair made up on Saville Row.. how pricey is a trouser length linen cloth? Surely not far off from what the high brands (Ralph Lauren) etc would charge considering the basic detailing and ease of cutting. I may have a couple pairs measured out next week.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Can't be all that expensive to have a pair made up on Saville Row.. how pricey is a trouser length linen cloth? Surely not far off from what the high brands (Ralph Lauren) etc would charge considering the basic detailing and ease of cutting. I may have a couple pairs measured out next week.

Nothing is cheap on the Row...

8. Iceball

Iceball Well-Known Member

I agree RL Purple Label is viciously expensive in the UK. Even a lot of Polo stuff is pretty steep.

I quite like some of the Ede and Ravenscroft linen trousers too (RTW) , they're not the highest quality but okay and they're quite cheap for knock arounds. One pair of these has a little mini pocket within the trouser pocket to keep your phone from moving around - perfect fit for iPhone etc; I find this addition most handy! The fit on these is a little more generous than a lot of brands though but I don't mind that on linen.

9. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Why not look for Hackett, Aquasqutum, Dunhill and Massimo Dutti (for a cheaper alternative)?

10. VelvetGreen

VelvetGreen Senior member

Cordings of Piccadilly do, as far as I remember, make decent ones for about £120. I own quite a few pairs of their corduroys; the quality is excellent.

I have found that Ede and Ravenscroft often have quality issues. My experiences with them have been a mixture of pleasure and disappointment.