• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for linen trousers in the UK

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harrods now stocks Incotex in the basement menswear area. They have a nice selection of summer weight trousers. I bought myself a pair of cotten/linen blend navy chinos a couple of days ago. Prices mainly between £150-200, with a few pairs of more expensive silk blend trousers.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loathing
Harrods now stocks Incotex in the basement menswear area. They have a nice selection of summer weight trousers. I bought myself a pair of cotten/linen blend navy chinos a couple of days ago. Prices mainly between £150-200, with a few pairs of more expensive silk blend trousers.

Cheers...

Will have a look.

Iceball

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren Purple label ones are quite nice, they also make some in hemp that are good too.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Iceball
Ralph Lauren Purple label ones are quite nice, they also make some in hemp that are good too.

RLPL is disgustingly expensive in London :/

Bananafish

Reaction score
Can't be all that expensive to have a pair made up on Saville Row.. how pricey is a trouser length linen cloth? Surely not far off from what the high brands (Ralph Lauren) etc would charge considering the basic detailing and ease of cutting. I may have a couple pairs measured out next week.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bananafish
Can't be all that expensive to have a pair made up on Saville Row.. how pricey is a trouser length linen cloth? Surely not far off from what the high brands (Ralph Lauren) etc would charge considering the basic detailing and ease of cutting. I may have a couple pairs measured out next week.

Nothing is cheap on the Row...

Iceball

Reaction score
I agree RL Purple Label is viciously expensive in the UK. Even a lot of Polo stuff is pretty steep.

I quite like some of the Ede and Ravenscroft linen trousers too (RTW) , they're not the highest quality but okay and they're quite cheap for knock arounds. One pair of these has a little mini pocket within the trouser pocket to keep your phone from moving around - perfect fit for iPhone etc; I find this addition most handy! The fit on these is a little more generous than a lot of brands though but I don't mind that on linen.

AE7

Reaction score
Why not look for Hackett, Aquasqutum, Dunhill and Massimo Dutti (for a cheaper alternative)?

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Cordings of Piccadilly do, as far as I remember, make decent ones for about £120. I own quite a few pairs of their corduroys; the quality is excellent.

I have found that Ede and Ravenscroft often have quality issues. My experiences with them have been a mixture of pleasure and disappointment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads