• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London for a Bachelor Party/Weekend

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
1. seemingly above one of your IRL friends has conceded that you really have made this sound pretty gay, so...here's your chance....
2. what will you do for the other four days?
3. I really should organise these things for a living.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We were thinking of cutting Joe out the wedding party anyway.............................
laugh.gif

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
1. seemingly above one of your IRL friends has conceded that you really have made this sound pretty gay, so...here's your chance....
3. I really should organise these things for a living.

You're the kind of guy I'd sucker puch on the street. Just sayin.

joegrec

Reaction score
3. I really should organize these things for a living.

The remaining 4 days is what I'm asking suggestions for.

Recommendations for restaurants, bars and clubs and any other stuff to do in London would be great.

Also what area in London would be good to staying in hotel wise?

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
You're already organising the batchelor party for next May? This might be a bit lenghty, but as I live in London and have my own batchelor party coming up in about 3 weeks I might be of some assistanc. No idea what's happening for mine though as it's all in the hands of the best man. It is likely to be in London though so if any good tips arise I'll pass them on.

If you're going for a straight razor shave, I went to Trumpers a couple of years ago. One bad point is that, at least when I was there, they had the ugliest suspended ceiling you could imagine. Discoloured panels, protruding wires and everything, which when you're staring directly upwards for the duration is not the most pleasant of views. Also it wasn't that much of an experience as I was attended to by the most terribly efficient old man who had me shaved in the space of a couple of minutes which left me tending my (free) single malt and looking through their magazines.

Other places for shaving might be Murdock's in the basement at Liberty, I believe there's a place in Selfridges and Truefitt and Hill in St James.

Places I might recommend are:
Restaurants: Great Queen Street in Holborn (gastropub), The Harwood Arms in Fulham (gastropub again), Hawksmoor (for steaks), Rules (while a bit expensive for the quality of food it's a good setting for a manly meal for men and I hear good things about the bar upstairs). Also, by May Heston Blumenthal's new place at the Mandarin Oriental should be open.

Accommodation-wise you're probably going to want to be in or near the West End. You might get a cheaper room staying further out, but you may well end up paying more when you factor in how much you'll spend on taxis. Not overly familiar with the hotels due to living here, but I know the various areas well enough.

Another thing you might try, is a visit to Sipsmiths which is a small independent distillery in London. You go there, try various vodkas and gins and make cocktails. The people running it are apparently a good laugh and it's a good night out (unless, like my best man you have to be at work the next day).

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
You're the kind of guy I'd sucker puch on the street. Just sayin.

no you wouldn't. But you'd talk on the internet about it. Just sayin.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
no you wouldn't. But you'd talk on the internet about it. Just sayin.

Oops, seems I touched a sensitive chord in your ******. Please accept my sincere apology.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lulz at cleanshaven internet tough guys sucker punching people while walking to a Northampton shoe store on a Bachelor Party...

You guys should go to Newquay. The Belushi's there is right up your alley.

K

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Lulz at cleanshaven internet tough guys sucker punching people while walking to a Northampton shoe store on a Bachelor Party...

You guys should go to Newquay. The Belushi's there is right up your alley.

K

You have now achieved status of SF Douche; 3700+ posts and not one of them useful. You're moma must be proud.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, this is always one of the topics where ITGs shine and males always feel the need to regress to chest-beating gorillas for fear that their sexual orientation may be questioned.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok this is seriously getting off topic. We are going to a soccer/football match, visiting northhampton (what do you expect from a bunch of married dudes who want to stay married).

There have been some very helpful posts for far, so for those thank you.

The other posts, just stick to DT please.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Ok this is seriously getting off topic. We are going to a soccer/football match, visiting northhampton (what do you expect from a bunch of married dudes who want to stay married).

There have been some very helpful posts for far, so for those thank you.

The other posts, just stick to DT please.

Just trying to rid the thread of the homophobes bro.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
You have now achieved status of SF Douche; 3700+ posts and not one of them useful. You're moma must be proud.

Brah, What are you getting all worked up over? You guys are going to get shaves, go shoe shopping, sucker punch some folks, and are tough.

Based on that input I made a valid recommendation that you go to Newquay for this bachelor party.

I mean hey, I could have recommended Brighton.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads