• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping Advice - EU Trip

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Subscribed. I'm going also to London and Paris in September so it would be good to get some ideas. Although, my trip most likely would not have time for shopping - my girlfriend hates to go shopping, I know, weird I'm the one who likes it and she doesn't - but taking a look or conveniently walking on the streets were these stores are is just a coincidence. :lol:
Charvet in Paris is alway fun if you need some ties.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charvet in Paris is alway fun if you need some ties.

Charvet, IMO, makes the very best knit ties. Great color choices too. But, you can’t go wrong with their classic black knit. Check out their RTW shirts. Be prepared …nothing will be cheap.

garigo

Reaction score
In Paris, I definitely recommend Anatomica. Very unique store that doesn't have a website, so worth checking out in person.

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for places in Poland? And Prague?

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Not much In Poland unfortunately. You have Poszetka and Macaroni Tomato. Typical „Instagram sartorialists” designs i.e half canvassed suits from VBC, Ferla, Drago etc., popovers, gurkha trousers and so on. Qualityand designs similar to Suit Supply, Spier Mackay and all similar iGent brands.

Besides that you have Emanuel Berg, they make quite nice RTW shirts, they also sell Jacob Cohen denim, C&J shoes and some other high quality stuff.

Additionally best known bespoke tailor in Poland, Zaremba has also nice cafe and RTW store in the center of Warsaw.

If you are into watches, there is a really talented bespoke strapmaker in Warsaw with a very wide selection of leathers, including a lot of top quality alligator:

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
Not much In Poland unfortunately. You have Poszetka and Macaroni Tomato. Typical „Instagram sartorialists” designs i.e half canvassed suits from VBC, Ferla, Drago etc., popovers, gurkha trousers and so on. Qualityand designs similar to Suit Supply, Spier Mackay and all similar iGent brands.

Besides that you have Emanuel Berg, they make quite nice RTW shirts, they also sell Jacob Cohen denim, C&J shoes and some other high quality stuff.

Additionally best known bespoke tailor in Poland, Zaremba has also nice cafe and RTW store in the center of Warsaw.

If you are into watches, there is a really talented bespoke strapmaker in Warsaw with a very wide selection of leathers, including a lot of top quality alligator:

Thanks!

hysteria

Reaction score
Hello,

Walker Slater have horrible customer service online but amazing service when you visit them. If you are in London go and visit their Covent Garden Menswear shop (Ladies is a couple of doors up). They have great tweed and other jackets and suits. Quality wise they are the same as Cording's ( half canvased jackets, great overcoats, knitwear) plus they have a more modern fit of jackets (not tight, just so you are not swimming in them). I have clothes from both and visit them for different things, both worth a visit. Also if you are in London stop by Floris on Jermyn Street and Turnbull and Asser just for the tradition and history. My favorite shop in London is Ede and Ravenscroft ,worlds oldest tailor just for the interior and wonderful , classic clothes (all half canvased)

When I visited walker slater today, they said all their sportcoats and suits are fused. This is the only RTW I've ever come across where I get a diff answer regarding their canvas depending on who I ask. The answers are so inconsistent...it's kind of emabarassing. I do find it kind of ridiculous to have fused jackets these prices, so either they're well-priced half-canvas jackets, or overpriced fused jackets. The store clerk today said "they're all fused". In the past when I emailed them, I got both"fused" and "half-canvas" for the exact same item.

does anyone actually know for certain?

St1X

Reaction score
When I visited walker slater today, they said all their sportcoats and suits are fused. This is the only RTW I've ever come across where I get a diff answer regarding their canvas depending on who I ask. The answers are so inconsistent...it's kind of emabarassing. I do find it kind of ridiculous to have fused jackets these prices, so either they're well-priced half-canvas jackets, or overpriced fused jackets. The store clerk today said "they're all fused". In the past when I emailed them, I got both"fused" and "half-canvas" for the exact same item.

does anyone actually know for certain?
All half canvased jackets I have seen are fused. You can see it yourself if the jacket is unlined or quarter lined - reach out between fabrics below canvas and you'll see that the entire front panel is fused. Canvassing just gives you a nice lapel roll. I wouldn't pay more than 400 bucks for a fused jacket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics