• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 new fit

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
its better to always go on the lower side with these jeans because they stretch so much, i would get a 31.

Do they stretch like APCs stretch? I wear 34s in the NS, what size 501s should I buy?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Nothing stretches like APCs. And we can't really give you advice relative to your APC size without knowing how much you sized down. What's your true waist?

obeserabbit

Reaction score
i was at sears today and saw a few pairs..one had the "501" white tag on the inside and the back patch said "501", while another pair had no white tag, but said "501xx" on the back. was the second pair the old cut, while the first pair was the new cut?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"XX" is the designation for shrink-to-fit. So, probably the old cut in STF.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will washing/drying a new pair of STFs coat my nice new dryer in blue?

I want to get maximum shrinkage out of them and then cut them off into work jorts if possible, but without staining everything all to hell.

argyleboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
"XX" is the designation for shrink-to-fit. So, probably the old cut in STF.

not true, you can buy 501XX that are sanforized and washed. white tag in inside belt loop is the newer cut.

Turin

Reaction score
I've worn these STFs pretty much every single day since November. Front:
stffront.jpg
Back:
stfback.jpg

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Those look great. For real, I hope mine look half as nice. I can only wear jeans on Friday and weekends so it's going to be awhile.

obeserabbit

Reaction score
turin, those look perfect. have the pics been touched up at all? any crotch repair? what kind of activities did you do? soaks/washes?

Turin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
turin, those look perfect. have the pics been touched up at all? any crotch repair? what kind of activities did you do? soaks/washes?

I wore them for a few days and then soaked them once, but that's it.

I didn't really go out of my way much; I just did normal, everyday high school student things in them.

The crotch hasn't blown out on me just yet, but I don't think it'll last the summer.

The pics are just resized from camera. I think the actual color has a bit more red to it, but the contrast is about right.

I should be getting a new camera this week (Canon XSI with kit lens and 28/1.8
bounce2.gif
), so I'll try to post some better pics then.

Originally Posted by Salad
^ Those look great. For real, I hope mine look half as nice. I can only wear jeans on Friday and weekends so it's going to be awhile.

Thanks.

&dr3w

Reaction score
that sounds soo sexy
i havent had a pair of levi's for a long ass time
i better check em'out

mystillwater

Reaction score
i'm loving my new 501's... i grabbed a pair of the Selvedge 501's around chritmas time for something like $50! i've been wearing them a few times a week and hanging them. they look great and are breaking in well... not as extreme as Turin's (superbadass..i'm digging that)...but they're looking great. i'm new to raw denim but i love the "project" aspect of them. i grabbed a pair of RRL raw straights too..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads