• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Yeah those are the 'Large elasticated pants'.

The waist on my 50's is about 21" accross when it's relaxed, so it stretches more than that, even when I tighten the drawstring as much as I can it's loose and slips down on me.
Finally some pants that will fit my 38" waist. No one makes them for us guys! lol
Will check out the stuff you are returning... was looking for photographs. I really like the zip shirt but not too aware of the cords....

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally some pants that will fit my 38" waist. No one makes them for us guys! lol
Will check out the stuff you are returning... was looking for photographs. I really like the zip shirt but not too aware of the cords....

The corduroy is a jacket, not pants.

The pieces I returned were these:
chemise-zippee.jpg
surchemise-4-poches.jpg

But in black wool twill

The corduroy blouson is this:
285208M00737_M00737_1.jpg

And I still have that. It's outside the return window but I don't think i'll wear it as much as I thought I might.

Totokaelo and Ssense and even Matches often get pants up to a 54 which might fit you.
The 'large elasticated pants' were referring to are these:
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lemair...dsort&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=black

A 50 might work fine but there's also 52's which absolutely would.
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lemair...&breadcrumb=Home/All Results&color=anthracite

Staxxx1

Reaction score
The pieces I returned were these:
Thank you so much.. the links are really helpful.
It's funny I have gone on the Matchesfashion.com site and when I choose prices for a UK shipping address in GBPs the 70% items show much less percentage discounts. If I ship out to the US or somewhere else the discount listed go back to 70%. I noticed this on some DBF trousers I was looking at.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoever picked up that great raincoat got a great deal. I think it might be my favourite thing I own.

I know these aren’t great pics but I figured I’d post since it’s a lot of Lemaire

AW15 wool (not yak) Kaftan
AW18 corduroy blouson
AW18 spread collar shirt
AW16 water-repellent washed wool elasticated trousers

60E5BCB4-C011-41A2-9C55-1DBACAA85C29.jpeg

Just the blouson
6C3F753D-C654-4BB2-ABC9-5004EC52B641.jpeg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was considering the cream corduroy blouson and brown cord jacket.

Looke comfy

What color are those boots? Wish Geller would come out with some new brown suede side zips.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty yeah the cream blouson looked good too. I probably would have gone for that instead of black if the black one wasn't such a ridiculously cheap price when I bought.

The boots are 'tan'. These ones are from that first run of the current side zips he did with CP.
I think you might have to wait for a while for any new ones though, last season was combat style chelseas and this season is track runners.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads