• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The consensus for painting on leather is that acrylic paint is the best bet right?
Recently bought a leather jacket on sale, then it dropped even further to 90% off so I decided to buy another one
laugh.gif

So, I will have two identical dark blue leather jackets and now I'm thinking I might paint one of them white a la margiela
Would get Angelus if I wanted to cover it completely but more tempted to do it "half-done" with visible streaks and such

Last edited:

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
The consensus for painting on leather is that acrylic paint is the best bet right?
Recently bought a leather jacket on sale, then it dropped even further to 90% off so I decided to buy another one
laugh.gif

So, I will have two identical dark blue leather jackets and now I'm thinking I might paint one of them white a la margiela
Would get Angelus if I wanted to cover it completely but more tempted to do it "half-done" with visible streaks and such

@ DWW suggested a few different options when he had his perfecto "graffiti'ed". Depends if you want a line like a crayon or all over coverage. I want to draw/paint on the back of a vintage double rider. I'm trying to figure out a product that won't leave the paint looking too fresh and white against the vintage leather. If anyone has suggestions...

proteinnerd

Reaction score
There is a very detailed thread over on TFL on how to paint on an A2 and make it look vintage.....step by step with pics. Definitely worth looking at in this case

styleforumfan

Reaction score
I noticed a lot of leather jackets are made in India these days including some upscale brands. Any thoughts on made in India leather jackets in general?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I noticed a lot of leather jackets are made in India these days including some upscale brands.  Any thoughts on made in India leather jackets in general?

Are you talking about actual upscale brands producing in India, or the stuff on eBay where some seller in India promises to make a duplicate of an upscale brand's design? (e.g. their listing will have a bunch of designer photos but nothing of their actual version)

Personally haven't seen any high-end leather made in India. They're usually made in "Italy" (to the extent that label means anything, as things are often produced offshore and finished in Italy), the USA, China, or Eastern Europe.

If you're talking about the India eBay replicas, I wouldn't buy the stuff, personally.

Last edited:

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Are you talking about actual upscale brands producing in India, or the stuff on eBay where some seller in India promises to make a duplicate of an upscale brand's design? (e.g. their listing will have a bunch of designer photos but nothing of their actual version)

Personally haven't seen any high-end leather made in India. They're usually made in "Italy" (to the extent that label means anything, as things are often produced offshore and finished in Italy), the USA, China, or Eastern Europe.

I'm talking about upscale fashion brands that outsource their leather jackets manufacturing to India.

CutandSew

Reaction score

There might be some out there, but I've never seen a high-end leather jacket made in India.

I think he may be referring to the diffusion lines of high end brands such as McQ, Burberry Brit, PS Paul Smith, etc.. I have seen leathers produced in India and China for those brands. Contemporary brands like Theory and Hugo Boss will most definitely manufacture in India or China. One country that actual high end brands may manufacture their leather goods in is Turkey, and Turkey is in much better shape than India. Try to avoid buying leathers produced in India. If you read about the processes and lack of environmental regulation in that country, you will soon realize that the jacket could literally have cost lives to produce.

vodkaislove

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanna share this jacket I have been working on for the last month or so.
  • Leather: 3-ish oz calf nubuck
  • Hardware: #7 Ykk zipper with donut pull tab, and generic 20mm button
  • Lining: Cupro Rayon

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
There is a very detailed thread over on TFL on how to paint on an A2 and make it look vintage.....step by step with pics. Definitely worth looking at in this case
I'd be very interested to read that, but I can't find it. Any chance you can point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads