• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh well. it happens. I was in barneys the other day to try a pair of balenciaga boots. then the leather strap comes off. :eek:

Maybe a return this case?

Last edited:

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yeah. i bought it the day before it dropped to $539. I paid $890 for it but I had credit. I would def keep for $539 but am on the fence right now.

This comment makes me think you don't really love the jacket. At $890 the jacket was already a good deal, the materials and construction are supposedly top notch, and it clearly fits you well. Most people would be thrilled, yet you need the price to be even cheaper or it's not worth keeping! The only conclusion is that you have some serious misgivings about the jacket itself (exclusive of price).

I like that it doesnt have the metal detailing. I just dont like that it dropped right after I bought it.

It appears that the satisfaction of knowing you're getting a killer deal outranks your love for the clothing itself. When the price dropped further your illusion of getting a great deal collapsed but your satisfaction derived from the jacket itself was not enough to compensate. This is what happens when one is lured into buying items because they're on sale.

And I agree that it looks better without those metal studs on the arm.

Last edited:

chomeo

Reaction score
NAMOR - Yigal jacket fit looks good on you. the Parkandbond pictures make the jacket looks like it's "faux leather" to me. I think the "puffiness" in the leather make it seem so.

anyway, at the lower price, some one may snap it up before you so it's good that you have it to enjoy now. plus, 'tis the sales seasons so things are going to continue being marked down so it's hard to take a chance and wait for lower prices.

dnna1

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on that Incarnation double layer from a few pages ago after confirming the layers can be worn separately. Got the last black in stock at Parable (medium). Not even 1000, smoking deal when you consider some retailers are selling them for more than 3000. Will post pics when it arrives

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
insane deal for $1000, that's two leather jackets from Japan for that price (about 75,000Y, which has to be less than half of Japanese retail). I don't imagine that store would want to stock the label again...
I just handled some Incarnation btw, mixed feelings.

modalsaliency

Reaction score

I just handled some Incarnation btw, mixed feelings.

Care to share?

A friend owns the fencing, and I've messed around with it and some others on my last Japan trip. Guidi is Guidi, and the hardware is probably my favorite of any brand (or it would be, if they'd stop ******* branding it). Stitching/construction wasn't anything showy or elaborate, but it seemed fine. I thought the fit and dimensions on a lot of the patterns were really sloppy, though I suppose mileage varies by body type. It also seems really derivative in terms of actual profile and design. A less military wjk, I suppose.

I'm fond of Incarnation, but I don't think it's the second coming or whatever like people seem to. I like the Guidi parts a lot more than the Incarnation parts. Although from what I've heard some of the retail practices Ogawa uses are interesting, just from a business trends angle.

Someday, Devoa will make leather jackets and I will never have to shop around again. Someday. :(

Last edited:

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
the mixed feelings is that ogawa doesn't do anything groundbreaking with the leather tbh

it really is just the satisfaction of wearing guidi on your torso tbh... which for me is more than enough

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Someday, Devoa will make leather jackets and I will never have to shop around again. Someday. :(

Devoa does leathers I'm pretty sure I think there was one that was waxed/coated in this thread that looked amazing. Yeah I dunno Incarnation I think is a good value in my own mind mostly due to the guidi leather and to a much lesser extent their designs which I have mixed feelings about. I like the 4 pocket non moto collar design. The dual zip/layers are interesting. The fencing is decent, but I'd like to see it in a thicker leather.

I think the most exciting thing to me is the 2-3 month turn around time on a pretty customizable special order on a guidi leather jacket. Arthur from the archive mentioned that you could order any style, wide variety of guidi leather and any guidi color. Of course if I order with them that means paying US import prices which is less appealing, but this might be the easiest way to realize my grail-dream of a size 4 electric blue Attachment leather which may or may not exist ;p Also if I never find that green Incarnation jacket might order one of those in horse as well :)

modalsaliency

Reaction score

Devoa does leathers I'm pretty sure I think there was one that was waxed/coated in this thread that looked amazing.

Yeah, I was the one who posted it. Aside from that and the shearling this season (which experts in the ToJ thread assure me is massively overpriced and can be had for twenty bucks in Pakistan) they mostly work in textiles though. Pity, as nobody really replicates the anatomic fits quite so well.

Yeah I dunno Incarnation I think is a good value in my own mind mostly due to the guidi leather and to a much lesser extent their designs which I have mixed feelings about. I like the 4 pocket non moto collar design. The dual zip/layers are interesting. The fencing is decent, but I'd like to see it in a thicker leather.
I think the most exciting thing to me is the 2-3 month turn around time on a pretty customizable special order on a guidi leather jacket. Arthur from the archive mentioned that you could order any style, wide variety of guidi leather and any guidi color. Of course if I order with them that means paying US import prices which is less appealing, but this might be the easiest way to realize my grail-dream of a size 4 electric blue Attachment leather which may or may not exist ;p Also if I never find that green Incarnation jacket might order one of those in horse as well :)

Proxy costs or import costs? Because people in the US have no right to ***** about import prices.

You don't know how good you have it.

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Proxy costs or import costs? Because people in the US have no right to ***** about import prices.
You don't know how good you have it.

Ah yeah, thanks for posting. It was a really great jacket.

Yeah, we have it pretty good here thanks to -VAT for europe. Japan is our only sore spot with the exchange rate and the proxy requirement and for me the lack of XL-ish sizing ;p. Like most humans though I am mostly only concerned with me in this though ;p And in this I would not mind if it were easier to enjoy Japanese second hand prices whether or not I deserve it or am entitled :) Was starting to feel hopeful as the dollar approached 80 yen per!

user7

Reaction score

I'm thinking about ordering Carol's latest iteration of the hi neck (no gloves) next week.
Drew or anybody with experience with leather- any thoughts on bison?
2599-1.jpg

where do you order from? how much if you dont mind sharing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads