1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by 4characters, Oct 18, 2014.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

He was right, but he was an ass about it. Coming into a mess like this and repeatedly saying "see?? I told you so!" isn't a good way to make friends.

When I bought my two pairs of jeans at something like $35 each back in November, I was fully aware that I might not ever receive them. I was even reluctant to place the order for the second pair. I think the most upset people are probably the ones who got excited and ordered a bunch while not using caution.

How do we know that Freeriders is the same guy?

2. H Markopolos

H Markopolos Active Member

I don't agree with your portrayal of my contributions to this thread. That is, I believe a careful reading of the entirety of my posts regarding Lawless Denim do not convey a "see I told you so!" message as much as a "here is what you can do to protect yourself and stop (or at least hold him accountable) James Roman Acevedo from taking your money." Of course I can understand this might not be as obvious to those who were swindled by James Roman Acevedo.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  3. zissou

zissou Senior member

Hahaha ok, man.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Or... maybe you just never hung out with enough guys who would actually beat the shit out of you if you ran your mouth too often.

1 person likes this.
  5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

3 people like this.
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Pucifer:

You speak like someone who has never been
    Smacked in the fucking mouth
    That's OK, we have the remedy
    You speak like someone who has never been
    Knocked the fuck on out
    But we have your remedy

7. willy156

willy156 Active Member

8. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

9. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

10. willy156

willy156 Active Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  11. metranger8694

I just received a letter from the Arizona Attorney Generals office that Acevedo entered into a payment settlement with the State of Arizona.

Acevedo will be paying into a restitution fund. Everyone that submitted a receipt(or does so by years end) will receive restitution money.

The Arizona A.G. could not state how much each person would receive.

12. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Hey Metra, do you know how this case was put together? And do you have contact info for any of the attorneys or organizations who worked on this case? (Feel free to PM me the info, if you don't want to post it publicly). I'm working on something similar and I would like to get some info.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  13. metranger8694

Sure dww. No problem.

The Arizona Attorney general's Consumer Protection and Advocacy Section took action related to peoples complaints by filing a civil lawsuit on June 1, 2016 that alleged that Lawless Denim LLC, LD & Co., LLc and their managing member James Roman Acevedo, violated the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act in selling custom denim and leather merchandise. The lawsuit was resolved when the Maricopa County Superior Court entered a Consent Judgement against Lawless And Mr. Acevedo on June 8, 2016.

Their office will distribute restitution after itis collected from Lawless and Mr. Acevedo.

They did not know how long it will take or how much to expect.

The Ariz. Attorney Generals legal asst. who signed the letter is Katie Peters. Her direct # is 602-542-4345. Her email is KATHARINE.PETERS@AZAG.GOV

Hope that helps.

1 person likes this.
  14. H Markopolos

H Markopolos Active Member

Lucky you, its been 14 months but you still have a chance to take my advice.

https://www.azag.gov/press-release/ag-brnovich-lawless-denim-refund-customers