• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The protruding pockets problem is fixed with the LEC refined slim fit chino. These are a good deal at ~$42 shipped. The fabric is better than usual with LE/LEC, and the pockets are nice and deep, and they just obviously made better than the LE stuff that goes on sale for <$20.

The fit feels strange at first as the rise is not that low. The pants are cut pretty normal around the hips (fixing the pocket problem). Good ball room for a slim fit chino. They then get narrow at the hem. If you wore these with no break/stacking, they would look like peglegs. If your usual inseam is right on the even number, you might think about buying them 2 inches longer. You won't step on the back of the leg with this leg opening.

ONUV

Reaction score
more empty promises from rambo
laugh.gif

Curious_George

Reaction score

What is the fit like on the slim fit cords?

Searched but didn't find an answer to this. Since Jcrew doesn't seem to have any burgundy/wine cords left I'm looking at LEC's Merlot pair. Does anyone know if the slim fit cords fit similar to the slim jeans (I have a pair of those already)?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christ, ladies, I didn't drop dead. Been a bit busy over here entertaining the VIP's in DT. I'm uploading the pics online as we speak and I'll knock out a post later.

?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christ, ladies, I didn't drop dead. Been a bit busy over here entertaining the VIP's in DT. I'm uploading the pics online as we speak and I'll knock out a post later.

?

fogg

Reaction score
I'm picturing Rambo rolling down the highway in his '99 mustang with the top down, VIPs in the back, a stripper in the passenger seat

He's rolled up the sleeves on his Lands End Canvas chambray, got a spot of coke powder under his nose and he's just laughing like a maniac

"they really thought I'd ask their questions and get answers!"

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm picturing Rambo rolling down the highway in his '99 mustang with the top down, VIPs in the back, a stripper in the passenger seat
He's rolled up the sleeves on his Lands End Canvas chambray, got a spot of coke powder under his nose and he's just laughing like a maniac

LOLOLOL

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hey, how'd you know!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

brozek

Reaction score
Thank god, because when you said you'd ask our questions, the main one was, "Hey man, could you take some pictures?"

Snark aside, are those camp mocs with Oak Street Bootmakers shoe trees actually by OSB? That would be an awesome collaboration, and if LEC is going to follow the J.Crew model, they need it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ok, so now that that's done (finally!) I'll get on with some details from the event:

The Friday fashion editors event wasn't anything all that special. A few models walking around but mostly it was clothes on manequins. There were really only a few pieces that caught my eye - the chambray swim trunks, the rope/carabiner belt, and the madras sport coat (if you're into the natty look). Much of it was the same as before - regular looking Lands End pieces with a "detail" or two tacked onto them. Event was a blast though. Got to meet George from Oak Street. Really nice guy and I'm looking forward to his LEC collab. I shouted him out in the video they were shooting (and SF too, of course) so hopefully some schmuck will watch it and buy some of his shoes.

The next day was the meeting with the VP. Never let it be said that I don't stand up for my boys - I emailed the list of questions you came up with to the VP, and printed them up to bring along as well. The Q&A session left quite a bit to be desired. Actually, it was pretty ******* aggravating for me because I couldn't pin down any concrete answers for you guys. (when asked about the list of questions his answer was "I think I saw that. :fu:) The general gist:

-********* up. We're trying to fix things (emphasis on the trying).

-LEC was under separate departments before and now they're bringing all the separate areas under one house. What this will hopefully mean is a tighter, more controlled environment where less things will get fucked up. Again, I'm not too hopeful.

-RE: working cuffs on jacket sleeves - there was a small argument at the table about workwear vs. traditional. One of the guys in the group enjoyed the "functional details" but most all of us bitched about this. They've heard this constantly from customers. Nothing was settled on whether they were going to fix this **** or not.

-RE:pricing - their excuse for the increased prices was 1) the obviously increased cost of cotton, and 2)the "details" that they were putting on the clothes were expensive to produce. I informed them that everybody was unhappy with the increased prices and, if they were going to play the "JCrew game", they needed to step their **** WAY up. Unfortunately, again, no resolution here as to what would happen on pricing.

-RE:horrible shoes - they are going to collab with Oak Street but I wouldn't expect that till 2012. Other than that, I suggested an Allen Edmonds collab, and the answer was "its a possibility."

-RE:the differing complaints about tie widths and such - the answer I got was "well, we obviously can't please all our clients." This was an overall them of the conversation.

-RE:Tall sizing - something they're working on. No guarantees. When I pointed out that Lands End regular had it, the answer I got was "they do?"

-RE:On the lack of fitted clothes - again, more of the "we can't please everybody". Much of the back and forth centered around the fact that people are liking the clothes, thus, they don't need to be changed much.

-RE:better accessories - I told them their belt was "****". One of the guys at the table went "yeah, we know. we're getting better accessories soon."

-RE:the many colored chinos - coming, but no idea when.

-RE:flimsy shirt collars - "people are happy with them." Really, who??? Again, more of the same. They would say that it would be "looked into."

-RE:sizing consistency - I wanted to pound my fist on the table after hearing the VP tell me that "well, we can't size test every single item out of each batch, and many of these problems stem from the producers we're using. We're trying to fix this and we know its a problem."

-RE:chinos - there is supposed to be an improved model coming in the spring and they were very excited about it.

-RE:shipping to Canada - something we're looking into.

The reality is, I am holding out little to no hope that all these issues are going to be solved. The VP seemed as if this was more of a burden for him than anything else and struck me as someone who was completely out of his league. The sizing inconsistencies, the quality control problems, and the pricing are all probably going to be here to stay. I think we'll be able to find one or two pieces, here and there, where you'll strike gold. But on the whole, I think most of the lineup is going to stay the same.

There is an obvious image issue over at LEC - They have no ******* idea what they want to do. Are they going to do cheap but cool clothes? Are they going to be a "hip" wing of Lands End? Are they going to go head to head with JCrew and Banana? Nobody had any answers.

If I missed any of your questions, let me know and I'll rattle off the answers they gave me.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thank god, because when you said you'd ask our questions, the main one was, "Hey man, could you take some pictures?"
Snark aside, are those camp mocs with Oak Street Bootmakers shoe trees actually by OSB? That would be an awesome collaboration, and if LEC is going to follow the J.Crew model, they need it.

Yep, they're OSB, but I'm not sure if that's something we're going to be able to buy or not. They stuck poor George's stuff right in front of the stage and behind a dummy, where practically nobody was able to see it.

B-Side

Reaction score
The VP seemed as if this was more of a burden for him than anything else and struck me as someone who was completely out of his league.

Were we at the same brunch? I didn't get this impression from Nir at all. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about and was nothing but gracious and open when it came to addressing all of the issues we brought up. These were things you knew you weren't going to get a definitive answer on (as there's probably a bunch of other production-related issues we don't think of when it comes to making changes like these), so it doesn't make sense that you're disappointed you didn't get a definitive answer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads