• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery from the Hanger Project Foster & Son's albert slipper in Navy cashmere with silver script.

Thank's Kirby!

003.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

012.JPG

015.JPG

018.JPG

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kirby, when are you going to have the goat hair brushes in stock again? How much would be for shipping to Mexico?
Kirby, when are you going to have the goat hair brushes in stock again? How much would be for shipping to Mexico?

I have a hard time believing that we're out of stock of this brush. I'm having someone look into it tomorrow and will get back to you.

My wife is actually headed to Mexico City this weekend... if we have it in stock, and assuming you live in DF, maybe she could meet you to drop it off. Otherwise, you'd have to pay for international FedEx shipping to Mexico City.

Cheers,

Kirby

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that we're out of stock of this brush. I'm having someone look into it tomorrow and will get back to you.

My wife is actually headed to Mexico City this weekend... if we have it in stock, and assuming you live in DF, maybe she could meet you to drop it off. Otherwise, you'd have to pay for international FedEx shipping to Mexico City.

Cheers,

Kirby

That would be very nice! I live in DF. But yeap, the site shows me that the Deluxe Goat Hair Finishing Brush has no stock.

hangerproject

Reaction score
Dimitri Gomez: Bespoke Shoemaker

We visited Parisian bespoke shoemaker, Dimitri Gomez. Watch our latest video, as Kirby Allison picks up his pair of bespoke shoes that he had fitted for in October. Dimitri Gomez is a well-respected custom shoe maker in Paris who is a true master of the craft. Gomez is one of the few shoemakers that can take the measurements, create the last, cut the pattern and take the shoes straight to finish.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dimitri Gomez: Bespoke Shoemaker

We visited Parisian bespoke shoemaker, Dimitri Gomez. Watch our latest video, as Kirby Allison picks up his pair of bespoke shoes that he had fitted for in October. Dimitri Gomez is a well-respected custom shoe maker in Paris who is a true master of the craft. Gomez is one of the few shoemakers that can take the measurements, create the last, cut the pattern and take the shoes straight to finish.

How does it compare with your cleverleys? I was considering commissioning a pair of bespoke cleverleys shoes (maybe loafers in Russian reindeer) next time they come through the US. Definitely in the consideration stages, however, and I'm not sure I want to open that can or worms bc I do like my gaziano & girlings currently & don't want to start looking at those the same way I look at my Crockett & jones or Alfred sargents. Not to mention it's costly. But maybe within the next year I'll start a bespoke comission.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How does it compare with your cleverleys? I was considering commissioning a pair of bespoke cleverleys shoes (maybe loafers in Russian reindeer) next time they come through the US. Definitely in the consideration stages, however, and I'm not sure I want to open that can or worms bc I do like my gaziano & girlings currently & don't want to start looking at those the same way I look at my Crockett & jones or Alfred sargents. Not to mention it's costly. But maybe within the next year I'll start a bespoke comission.

The Cleverleys are awesome. I'm having my second loafer made right now. Loafers difficult to get right out of the box. You really have to be prepared to spend time suffering through some adjustments and then maybe doing.a second pair. By the second pair, any shoemaker should have the last perfect.

Dimitri seems to have a great product, but still waiting on completed pair. Even he had to do some adjustments.

hangerproject

Reaction score
Foster & Son Bespoke Shoemaker
Interview with Andy Murphy

Foster & Son traces its origins to 1840. Andrew Murphy visits the Hanger Project to teach us about the rich history of the firm and the iconic models that Foster & Son is known for.

docc

Reaction score
Is there going to be Black Friday sale on Can website...and will the small Alfred suit hangers be back in stock by then? I'm assuming 15.5" small won't protrude into the sleeves from a size 35 bespoke suit.

RobDMB

Reaction score
Considering the Felted Trouser Bar Hangers. Question - if you would need a XL suit hanger, is there really a need to buy the Extra-Large Trouser Hanger? Find it hard to believe my pants wouldn't fit on the standard size.

Any other thoughts regarding the product are also welcome. Thanks.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering the Felted Trouser Bar Hangers. Question - if you would need a XL suit hanger, is there really a need to buy the Extra-Large Trouser Hanger? Find it hard to believe my pants wouldn't fit on the standard size.

Standard size is fine.

Reaction score
@kirbya I watched several of your extremely informative videos this weekend, and I was am set to buy several colors of the Saphir wax from your shop, but the key colors seem out of stock. When is your re-stock?
Thanks

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kirbya I watched several of your extremely informative videos this weekend, and I was am set to buy several colors of the Saphir wax from your shop, but the key colors seem out of stock. When is your re-stock?
Thanks

We should be fully stocked of everything now.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The XL hangers are really meant for gentlemen with extremely large trousers -- essentially someone that would otherwise require our Extra-Large 20.0" Suit Hanger. The width of the bar should be listed on the product listing.

usfpaul82

Reaction score
Hello. I have been working on restoring a very well worn pair of Alden Suede Chukkas. I have torched the shoes to remove the long suede hairs, followed be a good shampoo with the saphir omni nettoyant. I am pretty satisfied with the result, especially when looking at pre and post pictures, but I would like to touch up the color with saphir renovator as there a light spot on the left vamp, but I cannot decide on medium brown or dark brown. These Alden’s are classified as dark brown suede.

Can anyone recommend which color I should go with? Thanks!

Some pre shots:

92960BF0-FDED-4955-8DA6-BE9A1A74C6B3.jpeg

881201B1-0ADF-4ACA-8BF5-E11BB4B98AA8.jpeg

Post pics:

DDA30D00-EAEB-4C43-9025-F41950022154.jpeg

E6D608DD-050C-4FCE-8F02-0B158DBAD9D3.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads