• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirby Allison: Affiliate thread

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm getting an error when I try to find the website. Down for maintenance?

I know! I'm just now seeing this. Happened sometime late this evening. I've submitted ticket to Dev team. Hopefully they can get on it ASAP tomorrow morning.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking at the Lavabre Cadet custom gloves at the HP?

hangerproject

Reaction score
Lavabre Cadet Made-to-Order Gloves

It is with great excitement that we bring you a long-overdue installment of our Special Project series, a digital trunk show of sorts. Maison Lavabre Cadet is widely considered to be the finest independent glove maker in France. Each pair of gloves commissioned through this Special Project will be hand crafted from an individualized pattern based on hand tracings provided by the client with full quirks. Furthermore, clients will have the opportunity to commission highly-rare one-piece peccary gloves.

Both peccary and kidskin gloves are available through this program, and clients will have the option to have their initials monogrammed into one or both gloves. 100% payment required in advance. Order by August 31, 2017, for delivery by December 15, 2017.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I opted for the one piece peccary. Interested to see how these look.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I opted for the one piece peccary. Interested to see how these look.

The one-piece peccary is really the standout of the lot. With full quirks, you can't even find them at Hermes, which stopped doing peccary gloves because of the difficulty finding enough Grade A skins.

One side note - we have worked out some payment arrangements. If that interests you, just email Customer Service. The peccary ones are a little rich.

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
On a separate note, I'm working on an Ironing Series that I'd like to film in September. Any suggestions / requests for topics to cover?

I was thinking:
1. How to Press Shirts at Home
2. How to Press Trousers
3. How to Sew Buttons
4. ?? Home Ironing Basics (aka. don't press wool suiting w/o a pressing cloth, etc.)

The first three seem like the most useful... looking for help brainstorming.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A video on how to straight lace a shoe. I straight lace all my shoes and have been asked on occasion how I do it. Might be informative for some.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one-piece peccary is really the standout of the lot. With full quirks, you can't even find them at Hermes, which stopped doing peccary gloves because of the difficulty finding enough Grade A skins.

One side note - we have worked out some payment arrangements. If that interests you, just email Customer Service. The peccary ones are a little rich.

Kirby, what is the process regarding the Lavabre gloves once an order is placed?

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kirby, what is the process regarding the Lavabre gloves once an order is placed?

I'm reaching out to people today. I'll email a PDF for hand tracings that need to be mailed back. Then I'll submit to Lavabre Cadet when their factory reopens first week of September.

hangerproject

Reaction score
We just released a new video: How to Restore Shoes | Allen Edmonds $50 Ebay Challenge. Watch as we take a used pair of Allen Edmonds shoes from Ebay and make them look new again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics