• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kicking it old school

kickflip4

Reaction score
i been hearing a lot of people complain about how shoes these days are made to be too flashy and what not and got me wondering if its not flash that people want .. what is it??? what kind of shoes do the people wanna wear.. whats the hott shoe out there rite now..??? is your closet filled with adidas or nike?? what kinds dunks.. air force.??? feedback would be great thanks...

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have 1 pair of sneakers right now, a pair of red/yellow Nike SB.

I've been moving away from sneakers in favor of buying more boots and dress shoes.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive got Vans(Maiden Sk8his), Jack Purcells, Chucks, and Asic Tigers in my closet.

I am also trying to incorporate more shoes and less sneakers into my garb.

kakemono

Reaction score
4 pairs of Saucony Jazz (these are my racquetball shoes, $10 each)
2 pairs of Pony's
2 pairs of Diesel sneakers
2 pairs of solid black Nike Shox Walking shoes (soccer reffing shoes)

deputamadre

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kickflip4
i been hearing a lot of people complain about how shoes these days are made to be too flashy and what not and got me wondering if its not flash that people want .. what is it??? what kind of shoes do the people wanna wear.. whats the hott shoe out there rite now..??? is your closet filled with adidas or nike?? what kinds dunks.. air force.??? feedback would be great thanks...

Are you doing some market research?

dougie

Reaction score
can i hijack this thread to ask whether anybody knows if adidas chile 62s have been discontinued? i've had a heck of a time finding ones in decent colors, at least online.

Musselma

Reaction score
alot of people like dunks and AF1s, even if I don't personally.

Having said that, I don't mind Nike SB Dunk Lows since they're decently functional for skating and aren't as large and clunky as most other skate shoes are, so it's like a compromise.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Adidas Chile 62's. I saw a pair recently at one of the shopping malls here in Manila.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kickflip4

If you're going to do market research at least try to make it less obvious. Try looking throught the "What are you wearing now thread" in the Streetwear forum.

flashback

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dougie
can i hijack this thread to ask whether anybody knows if adidas chile 62s have been discontinued? i've had a heck of a time finding ones in decent colors, at least online.

I doubt it, its such a classic shoe. I thought it was one of those styles that they never discontinue? I love my pair, and wouldn't mind picking up another.

Max

Reaction score
Adidas Originals skate shoes. They look good and skate well to boot.

kickflip4

Reaction score
not really marketing just trying to get to know what type of people im dealing with here in terms of shoe fans, ive meet many shoe collectors but never really understood what the big deal was.... i cant say personally im a collector but i love shoes...... like to wear great looking ones and all that.. but some people just a pair and like 3 extra to sale or just to keep for as long as they can... i couldnt do that i need to wear what i got otherwise why buy it..????? can anyone answer me that.... and for all the off the subject comments i got.... haha thanks..

kickflip4

Reaction score
i know of a place that has very nice boots and dress shoes for very chep.. Timberlands, steve madens and more.....

kickflip4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I only have 1 pair of sneakers right now, a pair of red/yellow Nike SB.

I've been moving away from sneakers in favor of buying more boots and dress shoes.

i know of a web site u can check out really nice boots and dress shoes like timberlands and Steve maddens for real chep..... www. shoedeals4u.com. great deals

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads