• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ how did the trousers fit otherwise? did they feel overly slim? Not sure if this will help, but here are the measurements of the trousers I typically wear, and I'm hoping that a size 34 in the KW suit will be somewhat similar:

waist: 34"
thigh: 13.25"
leg opening: 8.25"

Al in Philly

Reaction score
^ how did the trousers fit otherwise? did they feel overly slim? Not sure if this will help, but here are the measurements of the trousers I typically wear, and I'm hoping that a size 34 in the KW suit will be somewhat similar:
waist: 34"
thigh: 13.25"
leg opening: 8.25"
My measurements are very different from yours. I wear 30" waist, but Kent's 30" pants were basically jeggins on me (except for the waist).

I took the rise up 2cm, seat out 4cm, and thighs out 4cm. Left the leg opening where it was. I think that is somewhere in the 7.5-7.75" range.

I actually had to have the thighs and seat taken in a bit. Leg opening was good for me. For my next one I'll bring the thighs and seat in 2cm. Maybe let the leg opening out 1cm.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Philly and yywwyy - thanks for the details. I'll wait and see what happens after I get the trial pair. I'm hoping that the less changes I have to make the better, but I'm guessing I'll probably have to do some tweaking on the trousers as well.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, one last suit question for those that ordered a suit.....when you placed your order, how did you specify which fabric swatches you wanted to be included with your order?

I sent an email to [email protected] but haven't heard back yet, and I didn't see a spot to include these on the website. I saw the benchgrade captoe balmorals were restocked, so I was about to place my order for the suit and shoes today before anything sells out or goes back out of stock.

Last edited:

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent, what about the trench coat's 100% cotton fabric makes it water resistant? I'm trying to figure out if it will work for me in the perpetually drippy Pacific Northwest... Any other water-resistant outerwear coming down the pike?

Last edited:

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Sorry, one last suit question for those that ordered a suit.....when you placed your order, how did you specify which fabric swatches you wanted to be included with your order?

I ordered my suit and then when Kent told me it was going to take a while for the standard one to be ready he asked which swatches he could send me with the suit. I just emailed hm the fabric numbers of the swatches I wanted.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Silly question, but where is the pricing for the sport coat? I see suiting prices but nothing for an odd jacket or sportcoat?

I'm planning on getting a three piece suit and a sport coat made.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered my suit and then when Kent told me it was going to take a while for the standard one to be ready he asked which swatches he could send me with the suit.  I just emailed hm the fabric numbers of the swatches I wanted.  

Yep I ended up just doing the same thing - placed my order and sent an email with the swatches I wanted. Kent said earlier that my size in the trial suit was actually in stock, so I just wanted to make sure I could confirm the swatches I wanted before my suit was shipped out to me. I will definitely update this thread with my experiences in the MTM process! Looking forward to it for sure.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Silly question, but where is the pricing for the sport coat? I see suiting prices but nothing for an odd jacket or sportcoat?

I'm planning on getting a three piece suit and a sport coat made.

When you click on the individual fabric you want, there is a drop-down box labeled "Pieces" that will let you select any combination of jacket, vest, or trousers, and you will see the individual pricing for each.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, or you can look at the price list at the bottom of the suit page.
Kent, what about the trench coat's 100% cotton fabric makes it water resistant? I'm trying to figure out if it will work for me in the perpetually drippy Pacific Northwest... Any other water-resistant outerwear coming down the pike?
The fabric is woven very tightly. It won't be truly waterproof like a rubber raincoat will be, but it'll breathe and look better as it's still 100% cotton. It should be enough for anything other than a hurricane.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent,

Does your suitmaker have any cotton fabrics they can use to make some casual trousers based on my suit trouser measurements? I'd definitely get some if that was available.

Last edited:

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, I have cottons in an array of colors in the B price range.

Australian customers: I have a 36 jacket with 30 trousers headed to Australia. Now would be a good time to order as you'll be able to avoid the vicissitudes of international shipping and potential customs and tax.

MrTransistor

Reaction score
Just wanted to give my kudos to Kent for great customer service: ordered a couple of pocket squares Friday evening, and they arrived the following Monday with a hand-written note.

Thank you, sir.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads