Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. dcmo

dcmo Member

Kent,

Do you take custom measurements for the trenchcoat similar to how you do shirts/suits? Any plans to offer other colors?

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No. But if you wanted to source the fabric yourself we could do CMT for the same price as an A range suit. This covers the logistical expenses with handling CMT.
    No, we can't do custom trenchcoats. I might have khaki in three months.
    Good eye. I just fixed these.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Just got my brown captoe balmorals...these things are incredible. For the price, I've never seen a shoe as nice as this one. It's not much more than the price of an AE, and it's light years ahead of any of my previous AE's (I've owned about 4-5 pairs) in both styling, construction, and fit. For anyone who doesn't have a "good" dress shoe yet, I highly recommend picking up a pair.

I usually have trouble with sizing because of my narrow foot, but this is a pretty sleek last with a slightly elongated toe. I went down 1/2 size, but up a width (I'm a TTS 12.5B or C width depending on the shoe), and I got a 12D in these, and the fit is pretty spot on. There's a very very small amount of heel slippage when I take a step, but I expect that to dissipate as the shoe breaks in and molds to my foot a little better.

4. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

Aren't all their shoes in a D size?

5. Beatlegeuse

yep, I just specified that I got a D to show that I went up a width from TTS....so if anyone has a narrow size and wants to try these they might benefit from doing the same (i.e. TTS 10.5C trying a 10D in this shoe).

6. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

Good to know, standard size is probably too narrow for me then. I would have to at least go up half a size.

7. Beatlegeuse

sorry my last post may have been a bit misleading...I went up a width and down a half size. So if you're a D width you can probably order your standard size in these and be OK. If you have a wide foot, then yeah you may need to go up a half size.

8. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

do you mind comparing them to brands other than AE, if you have owned them?

9. Beatlegeuse

Sure, I own several pairs of Alden as well, and I think the KW shoe is a step above those. My Aldens are more on the casual side (suede chukkas, Indy boots, cordovan wingtip boots), and the styling of the KW is very different. If you want a dressy shoe, the KW is much better than anything Alden offers IMO, in terms of construction and definitely in styling. I like Alden primarily for their cordovan and suede offerings, but I don't think their more formal shoes are anything to get excited about.

I haven't owned any C&J, but I have tried some on in-store, and I think the KW is at least as good as their benchgrades, but I can't compare to their handgrades as I don't have much experience with those. I haven't tried anything higher tier than that, so I won't be able to provide any comparison to the uber-high end brands like EG, G&G or JL....but, at a price point of $350, I don't think Kent's benchgrade line is really trying to compete with those guys.

10. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

So... Anyone have any new suit fit pics? I've been wanting to see how others' Mtm turned out for a long time. More of mine coming soon.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Why are you selling yours on B&S?

12. Beatlegeuse

I'm in the process of specifying my adjustments from the trial suit, and I'm waiting for some more swatches. It will probably be about a month still before I have the completed suit, but I'll definitely post pics when it's finished.

13. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

I have many & planning to get more. I'm selling some b/c I don't think they'll get enough wear. Kent's suits a definitely awesome.

14. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

Is that Kent Wang MTM in your profile pic? The fit looks great.

15. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Indeed it is. Its the one I'm selling in my signature.