1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

102701 seemed fairly light, is more towards Med?

2. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Here's a pic of me in it right out of the box. It's what I am wearing in my wedding in June. I would call it medium to dark grey.

Disregard the under-clothing. I got the suit and couldn't wait to get a fit pic.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Nicely done!

Definitely, going to need to request a swatch book when I rotate back stateside, it's hard to get a good feel from a monitor.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  4. Al in Philly

Why, thank you sir!

I will post a pic of the finished product when my groomsmen and I are back from the tailor.

5. suited

suited Senior member

Very, very happy with my Kent Wang balmorals that I won in the charity auction. Will post a pic eventually.

1 person likes this.
  6. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

That looks great, AlinPhilly. What shouler did you go with?

7. Al in Philly

It's the soft shoulder option. I may get a summer navy sport coat, and I think i'll go with the unconstructed shoulder option.

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Just so I'm clear: this is the end result of the MTM process and you are just going to your tailor's for a few final nips and tucks?

9. Al in Philly

Correct. If it even needs anything. the waist may need to come in ever so slightly.

The pants need to be finished as well as being taken in at the waist slightly.

10. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pic! I'm a fan of that shade. I think it looks quite a bit lighter than the swatch pic. I'll need to check with Kent to see if he plans to bring his entire swatch book to the trunk show or if I should pick out those I'm interested in for him to bring along. Now I need to look into the pinstripe options...

11. Al in Philly

Last night I used the UD code and a gift code I got for xmas. I ordered the maroon pindot tie, the pearl cufflinks (my fiance liked those, they will be worn at my wedding) and a shirt for the MTM process. I placed the order around 8:30PM and got a shipping notice about 20 minutes later.

Excellent service.

12. areyoufrench

areyoufrench New Member

Does the 2 day shipping apply to the RTW charcoal suit or does that typically take longer? And what is the typical turnaround from initial purchase to receiving the RTW to receiving the finished product?

13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

for the charcoal RTW suit, it depends if he has it in stock or not. A lot of times, customers will ship the trial suit to and from each other as new requests come in. Send Kent an email to check if he has your size in hand. The full MTM suit can probably be completed in less than a month if you know what you want (fabrics, measurement adjustments, features, etc.).

14. Louys

Louys Senior member

Can anyone who's had experience with the sneakers recommend sizing up or down for half sizes?

15. bimper

bimper Well-Known Member

I recommend sizing up: I approximate most closely to a US9 in dress shoes (though sz 10 in sneaks is fairly common for me). I tried Kent's sneaks in 9 and found them a bit too tight, and am now awaiting an exchange for 10s when they come along. Nice sneakers: I love the simple and clean look.

16. amathew

amathew Senior member

Anyone have fit pics of the sneakers?

17. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Hi Kent,

I'm digging the polos. From which mill(s) is the fabric sourced? Thanks!

18. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thank you all for a great year. In 2012, I added suits, original design pocket squares, a watch, umbrellas, and many more items. The watch, pocket squares, and umbrellas were in particular big gambles that I pursued simply because I wanted them for myself—gambles that have paid off, much to my surprise. 2013 will involve more gambles, obscure things you didn't even know you needed—and, of course, basics too.

Thomas Mason.

Just kidding. I don't know. No one ever talks about the source of cotton knits. It's a pretty commidified market. We source from a variety of mills, and some colors we dye to my specifications.

Maybe six weeks, maybe just a few days.

Yes, you can order in stock and backordered items at the same time and we can ship the in stock items first, or hold them and ship together. Up to you.

The size is written on the product page. These are intended to be more subtle, like buttons.

Maybe next autumn.

2 people like this.
  19. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I look forward to seeing what else is coming!

20. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

Just ordered the trial suit in 36R and will have a custom navy suit made off of the measurements. I will update and post pictures.