• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are resellers still super hard on Kapital? I feel like everything on grailed sits for ages at inflated prices or maybe proxying is making it easier just to buy whatever from Japan? Otherwise I don't know why that jacket would sell out so quick. It's a regular item and it's almost always in stock at all the stores.

There's Japanese resellers selling overseas for less than stores in the US and other parts of the world. They buy (from Kapital's webshop) out the most popular items like smile and bone and buy some of the other stuff or buy it when people purchase from them.

Haruyama 365 is one example, they literally take the images and measurements from Kapital's webshop.

Obviously proxying is cheaper but I've been waiting to get a 3+ item order to save on shipping and fees only for something I wanted to sell out. So I never ended up proxying anything lol. Those F***ers.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if at some point they will just cut out the middleman and start selling directly outside of Japan. My friend was texting me since he went to check out the Kyoto store since he became curious about the boro jacket since it sold out online so quickly. He told me that the team just says that most of those items get bought up by resellers so once the borders open back up, they'll rarely have any in stock. Will Kapital always have this reseller cache or will it one day level out I wonder. The best stuff that Kapital ever put out was the super weird stuff or cowboy **** to me.

The Kyoto and Osaka stores had the boro jacket in stock all the time, I like it but even in JPY it doesn't seem thatttttt special to me. I know @hoodog will crucify me for saying it however.

I pray for everyone that one day proxying will be a thing of the past and stores will just sell online globally.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kyoto and Osaka stores had the boro jacket in stock all the time, I like it but even in JPY it doesn't seem thatttttt special to me. I know @hoodog will crucify me for saying it however.

lol no way. I love it, many others don't. I really don't care as long as I like it. To each their own - it's only clothes, people.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of resellers and cool stuff, Kap just released a limited drop of the processed bone denim trucker. Mmm.... I like. And I think even cool guy @peachfuzzmcgee might like it. :cool:

KR2210LJ01_PRO.jpg
KR2210LJ01_2.jpg

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha don't need to buy a processed one because I gotta process mine. However I always have a soft spot for the bone denim.

What I really want but I know it doesn't work in LA is this jacket.

K1910LJ110_1s.jpg

badeggcat

Reaction score
Given that the pandemic didn’t force a change in the webstore shipping policy, I really doubt that they ever will. Even if it does, it’s likely to be at a higher MSRP ala Visvim or Cottle. Japanese brands love to do this dual pricing thing for some odd reason.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given that the pandemic didn’t force a change in the webstore shipping policy, I really doubt that they ever will. Even if it does, it’s likely to be at a higher MSRP ala Visvim or Cottle. Japanese brands love to do this dual pricing thing for some odd reason.

I guess it's so they can have select shops as stock them in the US. Otherwise they'd outcompete any of those shops which would then shrink their total footprint since most wouldn't stock them and then they would be left having to pick up all the slack.

I understand the why but I wonder if it'll ever change. Especially as some companies that are super niche don't have to worry about pissing off their stockists since often times there are like almost none

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

brandon_strandy

Reaction score
Been in Tokyo for a few days, finally went to kapital yesterday. Silly me thought because the no9 launched in Roppongi they would have it in stock. Nope, Ebisu legs and Ginza only. Oh well.
Maybe i got lucky with sizes last time I was in Japan, but wow seems like everything is out of stock for century denim. I cant imagine what its going to be like when tourists come back!! Pretty much just 1 or 2 sizes across cuts for the pants, even the no3 jacket i wanted only had 44 left.

So off to Ebisu I go. I checked ahead they only had 34 and 38 left for the no.9. As soon as I walked in of course I saw someone trying on the no.9 and I already knew that was the 34 lol. After the longest 10mins, the guy decided on the Sumi instead so I very luckily grabbed the last 34. Geez that was stressful.

Also grabbed the no4, what an interesting pair. The gentelman trying on the no9 was also very intrigued on the no4 after he saw me checking out the sample faded pair, then a few minutes later another guy walked in wearing the no4 and was there to buy a pair of no4 shorts lol.
12 (44).jpeg

Also, Boro shirts were available in Roppongi and Ebisu, but jacket sold out of course.
12 (3).jpeg

Still deciding if I should get a 123 jacket, but 3 westerners for my closet seems a bit of an overkill. Will see if I have extra time around Ginza.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been in Tokyo for a few days, finally went to kapital yesterday. Silly me thought because the no9 launched in Roppongi they would have it in stock. Nope, Ebisu legs and Ginza only. Oh well.
Maybe i got lucky with sizes last time I was in Japan, but wow seems like everything is out of stock for century denim. I cant imagine what its going to be like when tourists come back!! Pretty much just 1 or 2 sizes across cuts for the pants, even the no3 jacket i wanted only had 44 left.

So off to Ebisu I go. I checked ahead they only had 34 and 38 left for the no.9. As soon as I walked in of course I saw someone trying on the no.9 and I already knew that was the 34 lol. After the longest 10mins, the guy decided on the Sumi instead so I very luckily grabbed the last 34. Geez that was stressful.

Also grabbed the no4, what an interesting pair. The gentelman trying on the no9 was also very intrigued on the no4 after he saw me checking out the sample faded pair, then a few minutes later another guy walked in wearing the no4 and was there to buy a pair of no4 shorts lol.
View attachment 1843054

Also, Boro shirts were available in Roppongi and Ebisu, but jacket sold out of course.
View attachment 1843056

Still deciding if I should get a 123 jacket, but 3 westerners for my closet seems a bit of an overkill. Will see if I have extra time around Ginza.

no 9 is the mud dye right? they've become my most worn pair of denim. after a wash and dry they are just soooo comfy.

Dylan61

Reaction score
no 9 is the mud dye right? they've become my most worn pair of denim. after a wash and dry they are just soooo comfy.
How faded are the sashiko mud dye threads on your pair after washing? mine has faded drastically even without any wash 😶

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How faded are the sashiko mud dye threads on your pair after washing? mine has faded drastically even without any wash 😶

Was kind of sad, the stitching was almost all gone after the first wash. That being said they still look awesome, and the more I wear them the cooler they're looking. Some spots have stuck around, giving it an almost camo look in places.

Dylan61

Reaction score
They fade pretty quickly. Makes them look even better imo.
Yeah I get that aspect, I also like that the silk sashiko threads on the no 9 are way easy to break compared to the cotton threaded on other cd versions it kinda makes them aged quicker, but considered the whole point of the no9 premium price point is because of the mud dye sashiko threads sometimes it just feels not worth paying the price difference between the no9 and no5 or no7 🤷‍♂️

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads