• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

brandon_strandy

Reaction score
Honestly I blame the tourist portion mostly on the government. They promote travel heavy yet don't create infrastructure to keep those things working while keeping the locals sane. There are too many tiny cheap guests houses in the middle of quiet neighborhoods that are allowed to exist. I believe some sort of zoning laws for that sort of stuff only make sense. Creating tourist buses or giving permits to tourist bus companies that have discounts for foreigners to alleviate some of the congestion on the local buses. I'm spit balling but the city is doing very little for the people to better manage the tourists. I get the want to not break the old world vibe of Kyoto and all that, but some things got to give. Also not to mention that Kyoto is well known for it's insular/conservative community so they are definitely hard to please either way.

I haven't been to Tokyo in like 5 years but I always wondered about the Kapital stores there since they seem to stock the most of the higher end stuff. Im just too lazy to go all the way out there.

Yeah definitely seems like the tourist intake accelerated too fast. I wonder how the locals feel about the olympics, maybe its kind of a blessing in disguise that it'll be downsized. I imagine dealing with the massive olympics crowds will drive the locals insane?

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
@peachfuzzmcgee They've been trying to encourage cycling for tourists, which creates yet another problem. But yeah Kyoto is going through some changes thats for sure.

@badeggcat glad I could help! Yeah Kyoto is one of the only Kapital stores that does Tax Free, also Osaka (you can get a 5% discount there too I think still) FYI.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BandannAlmanac I feel like the city will consistently make half measures. So I guess at least while the tourism is dead, I'll be visiting all the temples with no one there.

On another note the mud dyed pieces also have mud dyed thread running through them correct? Or maybe I'm just looking at it wrong. I wonder if they are gonna be priced like the darkest indigo ones (I forget the number of those) or even higher.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
@BandannAlmanac I feel like the city will consistently make half measures. So I guess at least while the tourism is dead, I'll be visiting all the temples with no one there.

On another note the mud dyed pieces also have mud dyed thread running through them correct? Or maybe I'm just looking at it wrong. I wonder if they are gonna be priced like the darkest indigo ones (I forget the number of those) or even higher.

Kyoto is a difficult spot the city center and the main JR terminal are quite far apart. They really need to beef up their public transport or figure out a way to get people to where they need to go in a smoother system. The JR bus terminal is a damn nightmare.

I think the sashiko yarns are mud dyed. I believe the base denim is black denim. So when it fades it'll be sort of a grey and brown mixture. The sashiko pants I dyed in door a few years back have slowly transitioned to a lighter brown. Still dark but not like the dark almost black/brown when I got them back from Amami Oshima.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my first (and so far only) trip to Japan was Kyoto and what a ******* awesome city it was. I want this pandemic to get over so I can go back. Visited the Kapital Kyoto store a couple times while there and just had to snag a bunch of stuff -- crazy how much cheaper you can get Kap in Japan. They had a denim ring coat in my size, which just made me so damn happy. The denim ring coat is just so damn good.

So much good food, so many amazing temples. The gardens are beautiful too. Damn my wife and I loved that city so much. Even though it was like 100+F we did the whole Fushimi Inari hike, got some tea and treats at a shop midway. I want to go back so bad. Just sending out some Kyoto love.

BandannAlmanac

Reaction score
So my first (and so far only) trip to Japan was Kyoto and what a ******* awesome city it was. I want this pandemic to get over so I can go back. Visited the Kapital Kyoto store a couple times while there and just had to snag a bunch of stuff -- crazy how much cheaper you can get Kap in Japan. They had a denim ring coat in my size, which just made me so damn happy. The denim ring coat is just so damn good.

So much good food, so many amazing temples. The gardens are beautiful too. Damn my wife and I loved that city so much. Even though it was like 100+F we did the whole Fushimi Inari hike, got some tea and treats at a shop midway. I want to go back so bad. Just sending out some Kyoto love.

It is a great city, its feels young and vibrant to me. Lots of young Japanese people open up very clever and good quality shops all over the city. There are more cool (meaning: non-minimalist concrete coffins) cafes than any other city in Japan. Love how the older buildings are warm, woody, full of nature and life. Lots of stuff to learn and experience about Japan in Kyoto

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a great city, its feels young and vibrant to me. Lots of young Japanese people open up very clever and good quality shops all over the city. There are more cool (meaning non-minimalist concert coffins) cafes than any other city in Japan. Love how the older buildings are warm, woody, full of nature and life. Lots of stuff to learn and experience about Japan in Kyoto

Gotta agree from our short time there. It was just this fantastic mix of old Japan and new hip Japan.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the mud dyed century denim will be released? I think I heard something about February or the like a few months back...

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, even with all it's flaws Kyoto is uber chill and the large student populations lend itself to some of the most fun times. Then again I am young so that crowd still fits in with me or whatever it is.

I definitely love wondering around and as much I love Hiroshima and miss the garden, the old buildings are good change of pace from the concrete jungles.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be early February if I remember correctly. I have a pair pre-ordered and they're supposed to call in advance of arrival.

Nice! What fit did you pre-order? Did you get any info on pricing?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd love more deets on it since I will probably have to wait to get it on a restock or something anyway. Wife would kill me if I spent any money on the set. Especially when I've been eyeing on upgrading our home oven to an expensive one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads