• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

books and tweed

Reaction score
Do they ever offer the tokyo slim cut in longer sizes? I just got my first NY slim (40-90) in the mail today and everything about it was perfect except for the chest, waist, and hips being about 1.5-2" too wide.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do they ever offer the tokyo slim cut in longer sizes? I just got my first NY slim (40-90) in the mail today and everything about it was perfect except for the chest, waist, and hips being about 1.5-2" too wide.

That sounds like far more "not perfect" than otherwise. So basically the collar and arm fits.

books and tweed

Reaction score

That sounds like far more "not perfect" than otherwise. So basically the collar and arm fits.

True. I just get quite excited when something manages to fit my neck and be long enough in the arm plus a lovely collar—that alone is a rarely met list of criteria. I suppose tailoring will work.

Spex

Reaction score
I was going to suggest the Tokyo Slim 39-87, however the sleeves might be too short for you. Another option is the 39-90 in NY Slim, which is what I wear. The difference in neck size from the 40-90 is technically only supposed to be 1cm, however it's slimmer in all other respects.

At 6'2" (and picky about having long enough sleeves) I'm amazed that even the smallest NY Slim fit shirt has long enough sleeves.

Last edited:

books and tweed

Reaction score

I was going to suggest the Tokyo Slim  39-87, however the sleeves might be too short for you. Another option is the 39-90 in NY Slim, which is what I wear. The difference in neck size from the 40-90 is technically only supposed to be 1cm, however it's slimmer in all other respects.

At 6'2" (and picky about having long enough sleeves) I'm amazed that even the smallest NY Slim fit shirt has long enough sleeves.

Awesome, thank you! I'll see how this one shapes up after a wash and then order the 39.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some new shirts:

PE0195213781.jpg

KE0168213781.jpg

PE0195223781.jpg

MSK005103781.jpg

Updated by Kamakura! (Broadcloth, simple spread collar)

All dobby fabric although I am hoping they exchange the last for broadcloth instead. Not too keen on "dobby oxford"

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the Tokyo Slim 39-87, however the sleeves might be too short for you. Another option is the 39-90 in NY Slim, which is what I wear. The difference in neck size from the 40-90 is technically only supposed to be 1cm, however it's slimmer in all other respects.

I wear a 16" collar size in the NY Slim and the sleeves are 36.5"! In BB Slim fit I wear a 16-34, though ideally a 16-34.5 would be perfect. IMO the sleeves at Kamakura are disproportionately long.

Spex

Reaction score
I w
I wear a 16" collar size in the NY Slim and the sleeves are 36.5"! In BB Slim fit I wear a 16-34, though ideally a 16-34.5 would be perfect. IMO the sleeves at Kamakura are disproportionately long.

I wear BB ESF OCBDs 15.5-35 and they fit amazingly well. My first Kamakura purchase as an OCBD in 16-36.5 and yes, the sleeves are really long. This is one of the few items I've intentionally placed in the dryer in order to shrink.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I got my first two Kamakura shirts in the mail this week. Both were Tokyo slim 39/87 with spread collar. The fit is great for me. I am very happy with the quality, for the price. I noticed they added three shirts with semi-spread collars. There is only one that I really want. I'm thinking about picking up a cutaway also, so shipping will be free.

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue with the online ordering? I tried PayPal, and it canceled my order. Now I am trying to just input my credit card info, and it's not accepting the cards (tried 2, both work fine).

Anyone suggest an alternate way to purchase from Kamakura?

ETA - as I'm sure most readers of the thread know, the NYC store is not running the online store (ran out of Japan) - I called them anyway (as I'm in the States, much easier) - and the guy at the NYC store was helpful. He took down the items I ordered and is going to follow up with the online store in Japan and get back to me. Just FYI if anyone else faces this same issue...

Last edited:

Willin

Reaction score

I wear a 16.5" - 34" BB shirt. The Kamakura 16.5" shirts have something like a 36" inch sleeve. It's horrible. I love their collars however. I am going to try shrinking both of my shirts in the dryer then I'll probably have to send them to a tailor to see what they can do. I wish they offered more sizes. I'd buy tons more of their shirts. What they sell is proportionate for a model's build perhaps? Not the average guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads