• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is SCP, if i could ask?

I'm always looking for vendors that carry wide sizes.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Call up the factory direct - they will have lots of Rejects and Sub-standard shoes from £500 to £650 - some in EE's

jbcohen

Reaction score
Typically in the past I have worn a lot of Dexter and State Street, but had some foot problems a few weeks ago so I have been trying to wear a much better quality of shoe. Never heard of John Lobb, however I will put them under consideration for future shoe buys now that I have read a bit about them here.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Typically in the past I have worn a lot of Dexter and State Street, but had some foot problems a few weeks ago so I have been trying to wear a much better quality of shoe. Never heard of John Lobb, however I will put them under consideration for future shoe buys now that I have read a bit about them here.
You won't be disappointed with JL.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right thread but can someone check if these are legit?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400492259491?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I don't have much experience with John Lobb
That's correct - heel been replaced...as all JL heel has a logo looking like the "JL" initial.

All John Lobb rejects or factory second should be stamped with: R.
There one ebay seller I think Elite Forum (Sausages234) saying the R stamp means "Rare"
which is quite deceiving....

The S stamps means SALE - previously sale item....

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He could have used this....

JL Imitation Heel Lifts....

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

...as all JL heel has a logo looking like the "JL" initial

JL introduced that particular top lift maybe ten years ago. Up to then, they had used a standard top lift with a dovetailed rubber inset.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pardon my poor photography skill using iPhone 4s. This is a pair of ******* AMAZING JLP Bespoke sample I saw. Blind welted all the way around with stiffeners around the sides. The only improvements I could think of are 1) gaudy fiddleback waist (already beveled) and 2) cuban heels. But I am pretty sure those improvements I mentioned won't make this pair any better.

puffy

Reaction score
Here we go folks, my latest pair of Lobb's - measured and ordered end of February and arrived Thursday last week.

These shoes are complete **** and while things don't make me happy, these shoes do make me smile.

I'll try do a group shot of my collection.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads