• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clint Alvin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the KITH LaGuardia fit/quality compares to JE?
I want tossing up between the two for some tanks.

NickEPockets

Reaction score
Yeah slightly underwhelmed with the first drop but ya know, many more to come. That stadium jacket is on point but the price is a bit of a stretch. On the fence on both of the baseline pieces - does anyone have any experience with them yet? I'm curious on how heavy the hoodie is in comparison to a villain - and if the sweatpants have less of a dropcrotch then escobars?
There seems to be less of a drop crotch on the baseline sweats. They run slimmer than the Escobars for me.

Potsnu

Reaction score
Seems like they really jacked up the price on the stadium and leather jackets compared to last year.

bryanhsu123

Reaction score
Seems like they really jacked up the price on the stadium and leather jackets compared to last year.
Yea definitely, last year's stadium jackets also had full leather sleeves with the retail of around 650. I don't think the change to a wool body justifies the 450 price jump LOL.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There also changes in the details. (Not saying that jutifys it)

But honestly JE has made the jump into mid level Doug shows and such now. So their prices are pretty accurate for the mid level brands that aren't quite high end history wise but make very good quality products and do shows during fashion week

The price is the price. Just gotta accept it now.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the stadium jacket is disappointing. Not because of the price but because of the design. Just poor. The sleeves are far too short. Look at the model in the pictures. If you are going to make sleeves that are too short, then at least get a shorter model that it would look appropriate on. You would think you are looking at a Target ad.

Cg23

Reaction score
Price talk has been a big topic as JE's popularity grows. Everything will always be overpriced because ppl need to get paid, material prices, labor, etc.. that will always be an answer. But at some point it will just have to be understood that the bigger a brand gets, the higher the prices will go unfortunately. For the majority of people regardless of financial status, would consider $185 (og villain price) for a hoodie to be expensive. For many brands the whole "it's just so comfortable, or its just really well made" becomes a reason one might validate or convince themself to pay a high end price for a simple product when the truth is a lot of high end brands, designers, etc are more of a status or "badge" of what it is instead of the quality actually being high. Example: Nike/Jordan, one or two of the highest grossing brands of all time that will continue to grow; they produce mass quantities of everything they ever make. Even when a few are considered "quickstrike or limited" it is greatly produced for all over the world. Ppl get upset because you pay good money for a pair of jordans and from time to time they just don't look that great. Cant figure out why but something just seems off. A great example would be the Red October Yeezys. Were they in every store? Nope. Very limited... kind of. So excluding fakes, ppl all over the world still received "one of the most limited releases ever." With every release including the red octobers, there will be ppl on youtube complaining about the quality saying they are trash, showing terrible glue spots or creases before you even open the box, and believe me I understand this complaint completely. But we as consumers espcially in the year 2015 can fall victim to hype and so easily can forget that these shoes and products for the most part with very few exceptions are vastly produced and not hand made or flawless by any means. Now, don't get me wrong, Nike is successful for a reason. JE i feel is the opposite. I could be wrong, and i am not justifying that their jackets costing in the thousands is totally reasonable but JE is one of the few brands that when you say the quality is precise, then the quality is actually precise. But, as consumers from time to time you won't be able to honestly make sense of their pricing. It's going to be high and it will continue to get higher, and if you are JE then of course there will be reasons to increase the price. I do not think they just randomly decide were going to increase certain pieces. As i stated earlier, costs can fluctuate. We arent the ones making the garments. But they also arent a non-proft... They know how to make money and increase profit margins as do most businesses. Hopefully they keep up with consumers and their customer service. They seem to be fairly open to communication with people on here. So to save you a little frustration, don't try to understand why riri zips or cobrax buttons vastly increase the price of a garment. You won't be able to. While I am glad for their success, I do hope it does not get too out of hand. So people trying to stunt on a styleforum either lying or showing off saying that certain prices arent high, just stop. You arent fooling anyone. These are high end prices, and people everyday pay them, but anyone without an ego ppl with small or large bank accounts will say the same thing yes obviously it's expensive. Thankfully, the garments seem to be well made so you can know what you are spending your hard earned money on is well crafted and the attention to detail is great. So for the most part you wont have "yeezy glue spot" guilt. Just don't be the girl who buys 25 dollar lulu no show socks because you can totally feel the difference.

Last edited:

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeezy Boost 350 are great actually.
shog[1].gif

Mikeisonfire

Reaction score
Price talk has been a big topic as JE's popularity grows. Everything will always be overpriced because ppl need to get paid, material prices, labor, etc.. that will always be an answer. But at some point it will just have to be understood that the bigger a brand gets, the higher the prices will go unfortunately. For the majority of people regardless of financial status, would consider $185 (og villain price) for a hoodie to be expensive. For many brands the whole "it's just so comfortable, or its just really well made" becomes a reason one might validate or convince themself to pay a high end price for a simple product when the truth is a lot of high end brands, designers, etc are more of a status or "badge" of what it is instead of the quality actually being high. Example: Nike/Jordan, one or two of the highest grossing brands of all time that will continue to grow; they produce mass quantities of everything they ever make. Even when a few are considered "quickstrike or limited" it is greatly produced for all over the world. Ppl get upset because you pay good money for a pair of jordans and from time to time they just don't look that great. Cant figure out why but something just seems off. A great example would be the Red October Yeezys. Were they in every store? Nope. Very limited... kind of. So excluding fakes, ppl all over the world still received "one of the most limited releases ever." With every release including the red octobers, there will be ppl on youtube complaining about the quality saying they are trash, showing terrible glue spots or creases before you even open the box, and believe me I understand this complaint completely. But we as consumers espcially in the year 2015 can fall victim to hype and so easily can forget that these shoes and products for the most part with very few exceptions are vastly produced and not hand made or flawless by any means. Now, don't get me wrong, Nike is successful for a reason. JE i feel is the opposite. I could be wrong, and i am not justifying that their jackets costing in the thousands is totally reasonable but JE is one of the few brands that when you say the quality is precise, then the quality is actually precise. But, as consumers from time to time you won't be able to honestly make sense of their pricing. It's going to be high and it will continue to get higher, and if you are JE then of course there will be reasons to increase the price. I do not think they just randomly decide were going to increase certain pieces. As i stated earlier, costs can fluctuate. We arent the ones making the garments. But they also arent a non-proft... They know how to make money and increase profit margins as do most businesses. Hopefully they keep up with consumers and their customer service. They seem to be fairly open to communication with people on here. So to save you a little frustration, don't try to understand why riri zips or cobrax buttons vastly increase the price of a garment. You won't be able to. While I am glad for their success, I do hope it does not get too out of hand. So people trying to stunt on a styleforum either lying or showing off saying that certain prices arent high, just stop. You arent fooling anyone. These are high end prices, and people everyday pay them, but anyone without an ego ppl with small or large bank accounts will say the same thing yes obviously it's expensive. Thankfully, the garments seem to be well made so you can know what you are spending your hard earned money on is well crafted and the attention to detail is great. So for the most part you wont have "yeezy glue spot" guilt. Just don't be the girl who buys 25 dollar lulu no show socks because you can totally feel the difference.

Paragraphs man, paragraphs. Nobody wants to read a giant wall of text.

Mikeisonfire

Reaction score
the stadium jacket is disappointing. Not because of the price but because of the design. Just poor. The sleeves are far too short. Look at the model in the pictures. If you are going to make sleeves that are too short, then at least get a shorter model that it would look appropriate on. You would think you are looking at a Target ad.

"Slim fit, slightly cropped" is literally the first thing in the product description. The length is intentional. And personally, I love shorter sleeves on varsity jackets so my watch displays more clearly. To say this design is "poor" just because it doesn't fit your personal preference is ignorant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads