John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Atbeezy

Atbeezy Member

Man. Just got the Cast in graphite in the mail ( thanks to @TheTruth83 for the sell)
    Couldn't be more stoked on everything about these. The fit is on point. Still a bit weirded out that my thighs fit into a 30(barely) but the waist is still quite big.
    Definitely love them. Now to just figure out how to work em into a mostly black wardrobe.

2. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

Not sure that's an "ignorant" statement by any means, I actually agree, that jacket doesn't look good and they should have picked a different model. To say that someone's statement is ignorant because you like a certain style and it shows off your watch is, well, ignorant?

3. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

"Ignorant" may have been a stretch. My main point is, just because you don't like the design doesn't mean it's poor, it's a very well made jacket, it just doesn't suit your aesthetic.

4. shadowmoses

shadowmoses Active Member

Will there be a re-stock of the co-mix U neck tees?

Also, would they fit the same as a regular U neck, or should one size up?

5. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

anyone got any info on that EXPO TEE? is it just a curved back?

6. TheTruth83

TheTruth83 Member

fd
    Glad to see you like them and I still don't understand the fit of these things. Towards the legs they fit fine but the upper half was a whole different story.

7. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

If only the Rider had an extended option like the Mercer tees. Great piece, but too short in my opinion.

8. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

The rider jacket? Motos are usually cropped like that. That's how they're "suppose" to be

I am one who isn't a fan of the extended mercers. The normal ones are long enough/perfect lol

But they must be hot if they are making them more and more

9. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

I get that but if you have broad shoulders and chest, the jacket doesn't work. That's why I was thinking if it was 3 inches longer it might work. The Bomber and Teddy jackets were also too short.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Might have to pick up the plaster sweats. Loving the dune, moon and plaster combos. Add the charcoal and you got even more options.

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I agree on the extended but they also are more slim so they fit a bit different. Still like the normal cut better though.

12. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

The Rider is not even cropped though. Jacket length on a size medium is 25.25, that's actually quite long.
    Just got a ToJ delivered with a length of 21.5 and it hits a lil past my belt line.

13. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

The design is HORRIBLE. it just doesn't fit. My comment has nothing to do with the cropped length. It's to do with the sleeve length. It doesn't even fit the model they selected. It might be YOUR preference to have a jacket with stupid short sleeves, but its not proper fitting nor is it good design. Go to GAP.com. The clothing fits the models on that website. Its a shame that JE is now at the point that he is so cocky that he can have a crap product on his website for $1100 and not be ashamed at all. Solution - spend $200 on ASOS for a cheap crap leather jacket and save $900.

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

You know models wear samples right? They probably didn't have the right size for the model at the time, they would have had one, single piece that was a Medium or whatever. it's happened on numerous occasions with JE's product shots.

15. BlakeRVA

BlakeRVA Senior member

The sleeves aren't even short though.. they are hitting right above the models hands. If you don't like the fit, don't buy the jacket. Presto! Problem solved.