John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

Not the first time he has modeled for JE. They obviously know his measurements. They clearly intended for this look on this product. It is a look, some like, some dont. I do think it looks better w/ long sleeves underneath. Isnt the first time they have done the shorter sleeve look for the shoot. Can it be odd? Yeah sure. I get that you would want it to look how it will on a custumer. But understand this is most likely just a look that some go for in their shoots and the garment doesnt end up actually having awkwardly short sleeves. Definitely not the first time JE has modeled this look. To think they just said ah f it, we dont know his size, measurements , etc, and just decided to just put it up is a little rediculous. I understand why it could confuse but calm down.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015

2. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

Dudes really in here heated about product photos?

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Lol thinking the same. All the matters is how it looks on you.

4. dantatzai

dantatzai Senior member

Lol...

5. Atbeezy

Atbeezy Member

Yeah man kinda crazy. And now the waist has stretched a good 2 inches!! Haha

6. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

Noticed the baseline sweats are substantially bigger in the size guide than the escobars but are still listed as slim fit. Anyone have these yet?

7. dvskei

dvskei Senior member

what price is the Rider jacket likely able to go down to during sales/end of season/etc?

8. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

It would help if the Baseline pants had a knee measurement, they seem to have more of a taper than the Escobars. Comparing photos, they generally look a tiny bit slimmer.

9. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

u think too much I'm sure they would've told us if the fit was way different, like enough to switch sizes

10. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

Just took a look at the size guide bud.

11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

How much of the FW runway stuff was actually produced? I remember last year they posted like a topographical photo type thing of all the pieces and each delivery. Anything like that for FW?
    I'm mostly interested in the knits and non-denim/non-sweat pants.

12. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

They are noticeably slimmer compared to try Escobars. I returned my plaster pair because I didn't think there was enough detailing to justify the $228, but the fit was better in my opinion. From the front they look like basic sweats and the back of knee detail really isn't that different from the bunching when you wear Kitos or Escobars.

13. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

I actually was thinking the same thing as well. Cool idea but being behind the knee where most pants kinda bunch up anyways had me on the fence too. Interesting about what you said w/ the fit, wierdly the size guide was basically a full size bigger than escobars but maybe it's just a mistake bc they look like they'd fit basically the same.

14. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer if the Escobars had more taper because they stretch out quite easily and the only way to restore the elasticity is to wash them.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015

15. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

see...thats the second person who said they seem slightly slimmer in the thighs. i dunno i dont pay too much attention to the size guides with sweats. the material is so stretchy/maleable i bet if me and u both measured the same item our results could vary greatly