• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dannefalk

Reaction score
IMG_4040.JPG IMG_4037.JPG IMG_4087.JPG Recieved this pair from Hiro Yanagimachi a few days ago. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I like them!

bamboo

Reaction score
Rendo Asakusa- RTW maker in Japan. They produce a relatively less expensive Good Year welted shoes in shoe capital of Tokyo, Asakusa. Price is slightly less than USD 400 for their normal offering.

They have IG and website and found the shoes attractive so I gave a try.

Construction is good, finish is not too fancy but not rough.
Channel on the sole is closed not open.
I think shape is good.

Fitting: I would say the last shape is on a slender side. I take the same size as GG or EG and I would definitely need a more time to break-in. Instep is not high and heel cup is small. Maybe it is close to Carmina Simpson (which I tried in the past by I have not owned)

Size: they have from US 6 to about US 10 (not sure how big they can go).

Leather quality: Their normal offering is Japanese cow hide, which is more grown up cow than calf. It creases differently. French calf is available when they have MTO event at selected department store in Tokyo. I chose French calf but I would say this may not be the best one available. Suede is from a usual UK tannery.

Unfortunately, you really cannot customize your pair including the choice of leather other than at MTO events as mentioned above. Otherwise they basically have black and brown smooth leather and that is it.

If you are after normal business shoes and your foot is not so wide and big, they are worthwhile to check out.
IMG_20170520_141101_581.jpg

duncanbootmaker

Reaction score
Whew! After about 6 months of reading this thread, since I discovered it, during lunch times and spare 1/2 hours ( or more :embar: ) I have finally caught up to the end of it! Thank You, Nutcracker, and the other contributors, for a very inspiring read. This thread is a challenge to raise the bar with my work :-D
Well done, and keep it coming.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whew! After about 6 months of reading this thread, since I discovered it, during lunch times and spare 1/2 hours ( or more :embar: ) I have finally caught up to the end of it! Thank You, Nutcracker, and the other contributors, for a very inspiring read. This thread is a challenge to raise the bar with my work :-D
Well done, and keep it coming.

Don't sell yourself short, Duncan.
You've already set the bar pretty high yourself.
None of the Japanese makers (or at least none that I know of), even the best ones, hand close their uppers like you do. Some even have closing done by outworkers.

duncanbootmaker

Reaction score
Cheers ThunderMarch :) I *do* need to pay attention to the form of my lasts and soles; not to copy what is here, but to refine and sharpen up the shape.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my first fitting with Eiji Murata, alias Main d'Or, this weekend. They fit quite well already, although there's some things to be done ahead of the second fitting in October. Took some more pics of his spectacular sample shoes as well (it seems like the new SF don't have the hide-function anymore, so sorry for a long post):

DSC05643.jpg

He works a lot with the bottom of the last:

DSC05500.jpg

One thing is the elevation made under the transverse metatarsal arch, which felt really nice:

DSC05494.jpg

On the feet:

DSC05504.jpg
DSC05506.jpg

Eiji Murata checking sole wear to judge fit better:

DSC05509.jpg

This black pair he had just finished for himself (first own pair he had made in many years):

DSC05532.jpg
DSC05537.jpg
DSC05539.jpg

DSC05522.jpg

DSC05548.jpg
DSC05552.jpg

DSC05583.jpg

DSC05559.jpg

DSC05566.jpg
DSC05581.jpg
DSC05596.jpg
DSC05613.jpg
View attachment 789783
DSC05634.jpg

DSC05575.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads