• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket length (again)

Andy_00

Reaction score
Any comments on the jacket length here? Sleeves are an inch too long and the mid to lower back needs to be let out, but I wonder about the body length. My own thought is that it is perhaps half and inch too long, but within the acceptable range.

Would be nice to keep this as I have been wanting a grey flannel suit and this one is heavy Fox cloth for half the cost of the fabric alone.

DF01AF1E-57DF-4001-8778-56DC05261B95.jpeg
C9C5F157-2BF9-4DF6-BFEC-29937A87AFB3.jpeg

golfnutter66

Reaction score
Length is classic. I like it. Covers your rear and if you make a fist with your arms at your sides, the knuckles of your thumbs line up with the hem of the jacket. Length is fine.

As for the back, I am not sure letting it out is what you need to do.

I did notice the shoulders are a tad wide. Not the end of the world but something to watch in future purchases.

Jan Capek

Reaction score
Yap, too long for kids. For a gentleman - perfect length. Actually, the length of the jacket seems to me the stronger area of the overall look. With respect to the shoulders, someone said they are too wide - and I disagree. They are the second good thing. The pants look maybe a bit "shapeless" to me, a bit baggy with no knees, but at least they won't stretch in the seams and I am sure if you give the cloth some motion, it will be fine. The weakest points to me are the sleeves and the back, the latter being slightly tight above and loose below.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads