• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacket length (again)

Andy_00

Reaction score
Any comments on the jacket length here? Sleeves are an inch too long and the mid to lower back needs to be let out, but I wonder about the body length. My own thought is that it is perhaps half and inch too long, but within the acceptable range.

Would be nice to keep this as I have been wanting a grey flannel suit and this one is heavy Fox cloth for half the cost of the fabric alone.

DF01AF1E-57DF-4001-8778-56DC05261B95.jpeg
C9C5F157-2BF9-4DF6-BFEC-29937A87AFB3.jpeg

golfnutter66

Reaction score
Length is classic. I like it. Covers your rear and if you make a fist with your arms at your sides, the knuckles of your thumbs line up with the hem of the jacket. Length is fine.

As for the back, I am not sure letting it out is what you need to do.

I did notice the shoulders are a tad wide. Not the end of the world but something to watch in future purchases.

toplel

Reaction score
My own thought is that it is perhaps half and inch too long, but within the acceptable range.
Exactly. No issue wearing it.

I don't like the ticket pocket but that's my personal thing.

Jan Capek

Reaction score
Yap, too long for kids. For a gentleman - perfect length. Actually, the length of the jacket seems to me the stronger area of the overall look. With respect to the shoulders, someone said they are too wide - and I disagree. They are the second good thing. The pants look maybe a bit "shapeless" to me, a bit baggy with no knees, but at least they won't stretch in the seams and I am sure if you give the cloth some motion, it will be fine. The weakest points to me are the sleeves and the back, the latter being slightly tight above and loose below.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.