• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots

89andy

Reaction score

And here's some of mine. 7 inch opening. Please excuse the mess on the floor, it's my housemate's room.

what size are your aldens?

Sometimes it works depending on how big your shoe size is. I don't know my alden size since I don't own any, but I usually wear 9-9.5 in sneakers.

blake3030

Reaction score

what size are your aldens?
Sometimes it works depending on how big your shoe size is. I don't know my alden size since I don't own any, but I usually wear 9-9.5 in sneakers.

Mine are a 10.5. I'm usually an 11 in most things.

nycs10011

Reaction score
I just started looking around for a good belt to match the color of my J Crew Indys. Anyone have a belt they'd recommend?

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just started looking around for a good belt to match the color of my J Crew Indys. Anyone have a belt they'd recommend?

I gave up on that a long time ago. I found one at the Barneys outlet that was a close match for like $30, it even had the same stitching, which was a bonus

Nordstrom Rack also has some fairly close matches, just gotta be on the lookout

blake3030

Reaction score
Look good worn like this (they look look the standard indy boots though).

Last edited:

nycs10011

Reaction score
My hunt for a belt continues but I'm leaning towards the Leffot. I've been reading back in the Alden and shoe care threads on what people are using to take care of their J Crew Indy boots but haven't found much relating to them specifically, so what brand and color products do you use on them? Any particular techniques you find work better on these boots?

Kwaker

Reaction score
^ that does look good ... but in your pic, the 7" hem looks to be hugging your ankles too much.

JPinoy

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of JCrew Indy boots. I love them! I plan to apply the same Timberland "Waxed Leather Protector"--the kind I use for my JCrew Red Wing Rugged Classic boots--for my Indy boots. Is this a good idea? I want to use the right treatment for the most expensive shoes that I've ever purchased :)

Last edited:

wrinklefree

Reaction score

I just bought a pair of JCrew Indy boots. I love them! I plan to apply the same Timberland "Waxed Leather Protector"--the kind I use for my JCrew Red Wing Rugged Classic boots--for my Indy boots. Is this a good idea? I want to use the right treatment for the most expensive shoes that I've ever purchased :)

The leather is Horween's Chromexel below is a link from the Horween website really going in depth, but they do give a recommendation as Neatsfoot Oil for conditioning. Also in the comment section horween answers questions about other options for care. I'm not familiar with Timberland's protector products.

For my boots the color and condition/shine is still in good shape and I'll wipe down with a damp cloth and brush them after each wear. If I get a scuff mark I'll apply a small amount of brown polish to the scuff and brush to blend it.

Searching through other threads like the Alden thread you'll find tons of different methods of care. But if your general question is about overall "care"-- you really want to use shoe trees when not wearing to keep the shape and let the shoes dry out after each wear.

http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/chromexcel®-2/
"The last step for Chromexcel is coat of Neatsfoot Oil, so when people ask me how to condition this leather, that’s always my first recommendation."

JPinoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback wrinklefree.

More Indy boots and JCrew related questions: Would you guys consider wearing the Indy boots with the Ludlow suit (I have a charcoal one)?

I bought a pair JCrew's Slim Jean (Fit 484) to go with the Indy boots. I can't wait to roll up my new jeans, it will be like high school again. Okay, not quite, I used to use safety pins to give it that extra New Wave look :)

wrinklefree

Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback [COLOR=22229C]wrinklefree[/COLOR].

More Indy boots and JCrew related questions: Would you guys consider wearing the Indy boots with the Ludlow suit (I have a charcoal one)?

I bought a pair JCrew's Slim Jean (Fit 484) to go with the Indy boots. I can't wait to roll up my new jeans, it will be like high school again. Okay, not quite, I used to use safety pins to give it that extra New Wave look :)

Indy boots + suits is a no-no. I might even suggest you delete your post. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads